PDA

View Full Version : Incredibly wonderful makeover at Gotmead.

bernardsmith
03-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Just want to congratulate those who have been working on this site. The changes make the site far more user-friendly and appealing. The color scheme is more subtle and indeed, contemporary. No question. But although I use a 17 inch screen the buttons to post a reply, edit, quote etc are jumbled and crammed and I don't know how to fix them (I use Windows 7 and access using Firefox 10). This would seem to have nothing to do with font size. Is this corrected by changing the resolution of my screen? I would have posted this elsewhere but I don't have the necessary permissions... so perhaps the moderators might shift this post to a more appropriate section if they think that it should be posted elsewhere. Thanks.

mannye
03-11-2014, 10:38 AM
I'm getting it as well Bernard, and I've got a widescreen monitor. I think it's a software issue. The "quick reply" and "repy with quote" are like ghosted somehow. More of an esthetic issue as the buttons seem to be working fine. It's distracting to the OCD types I guess. But if I drink enough mead, the OCD goes away.

GntlKnigt1
03-11-2014, 04:49 PM
I have it as well

Sent from Arthur Dent's towel smothering a volume of Vogon poetry, some of which just leaked out.

bernardsmith
03-11-2014, 06:06 PM
I have it as well

Is there a treatment? Is this curable? Are we all doomed?

skunkboy
03-11-2014, 07:05 PM
You are only doomed if you have no mead to drink while the issues get dealt with...

mannye
03-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Is there a treatment? Is this curable? Are we all doomed?

YES! We are all doomed. Doomed I tell you!

Honeyhog
03-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Which is why I have moved all the carboys into the deep earth, concrete encased zombie apocalypse bunker. I take no chances with the nectar.

EJM3
03-12-2014, 01:25 AM
The Gods appreciate this service to their Ambrosia....

kudapucat
03-12-2014, 01:39 AM
I have logged on especially at work to see this. Wow... Nice look, didn't even notice... I use Tapatalk way too much it would seem.
Well done guys that green was always a bit overpowering.

Honeyhog
03-12-2014, 09:14 AM
I personally want the green back and I'm sure this forum skin is being used is just until the problems get sorted out. A small selection of forum skins would be nice then people could choose what suits their fancy.

bernardsmith
03-12-2014, 01:42 PM

My memory may not serve me well but I think that is what Private James Frazer used to say in the British comedy Dad's Army- broadcast in the late 60s to the mid 70's

MourneMead
03-12-2014, 02:52 PM
My memory may not serve me well but I think that is what Private James Frazer used to say in the British comedy Dad's Army- broadcast in the late 60s to the mid 70's

That's the one. A fantastic series.

mannye
03-12-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm still watching Thieves and Horses. Dad's Army is probably waiting in the DVD box somewhere.

Sent from my galafreyan transdimensional communicator 100 years from now. G

kudapucat
03-12-2014, 04:30 PM
"We'll all be doomed said Hanrahan, before the year is out!"

kudapucat
03-12-2014, 04:32 PM
If anyone cares for the poetry derail, read it as to an Irish Jig

http://www.middlemiss.org/lit/authors/obrienj/poetry/hanrahan.html

mannye
03-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Haha. I will get to that. Right now I am trying to memorize the lyrics to "Rocky Road to Dublin" so I will be ready for karaoke

Sent from my galafreyan transdimensional communicator 100 years from now. G