PDA

View Full Version : Solitary Pollen Bee Nest

GntlKnigt1
04-26-2014, 06:14 AM
I am not a beekeeper, but this looks like an interesting idea. What do you bee experts think?
http://www.stokeseeds.com/product.aspx?ProductID=57673&utm_source=Newsletter+List&utm_campaign=fce49c8f70-Sprouting_News_MID_FEBRUARY_2014_CAN_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_e6185b9ad0-fce49c8f70-42476141&checkCookies=1

Jezter
04-26-2014, 08:51 PM
I am a beekeeper and I'd say the only thing that is good for could be the leaf cutter bee. Although i couldn't see a large image of it.
Wild pollinators do just fine finding places to create nests or a hive. If you want to help them, don't destroy those nests or hives.

This thing seems to me like a gimmic to sell people a product who are trying to support bees because of the trending popularity that is "saving the bees". It also gives a good opportunity for people to make money.

fatbloke
04-27-2014, 06:36 AM
I am a beekeeper and I'd say the only thing that is good for could be the leaf cutter bee. Although i couldn't see a large image of it.
Wild pollinators do just fine finding places to create nests or a hive. If you want to help them, don't destroy those nests or hives.

This thing seems to me like a gimmic to sell people a product who are trying to support bees because of the trending popularity that is "saving the bees". It also gives a good opportunity for people to make money.
Well, I'm no expert and haven't seen these ones before, but I've seen something similar but it was a bundle of bamboo tubes wired or molded together. For exactly the same purpose......

So whether they work, I don't know. Whether its a more expensive version of what I've seen etc and just a harder sell for a higher price ? Dunno....