PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the new forum

TheAlchemist
05-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Hi All,
I've missed you.
Some things I can't get to work about the new forum.
I used to have the subtitle "I am Meadlemania" over the forum patron button.
Now it just says Got Mead? Patron. How do I get my old subtitle back?
Also, let's pretend some spammer starts a thread(heaven forbid).
Used to be I could click at the top right of the post to alert the mods to the spam.
How do I do that now?
And used to be I could (kinda) "like" a post with the "scales of justice" at the top right of a post.
Can't figure out how to do that now, either.
Please help.

Stasis
05-16-2014, 08:47 PM
Reporting and liking a post are now at the bottom left of the post. There is a star and a warning triangle. I don;t know about adding the subtitle since I'm not yet a patron ;)

fatbloke
05-17-2014, 02:43 AM
Stasis has the general bits snagged right, plus the profile text is in the usercp - and presuming your patron membership is current you should be able to uncheck the default option and just add or correct it to what you want.....

like I did i.e. read this, changed my profe text from "general idiot" to "good egg/snappy dresser", updated my profile, then "backed" to here, posted the first para to check my change was displaying, then edited to add this last bit.......

mannye
05-17-2014, 10:57 AM
Stasis has the general bits snagged right, plus the profile text is in the usercp - and presuming your patron membership is current you should be able to uncheck the default option and just add or correct it to what you want.....

like I did i.e. read this, changed my profe text from "general idiot" to "good egg/snappy dresser", updated my profile, then "backed" to here, posted the first para to check my change was displaying, then edited to add this last bit.......
I found your avatar comic strip! So funny!

Sent from my galafreyan transdimensional communicator 100 years from now. G

TheAlchemist
05-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Yay.
Thanks, All.

EbonHawk
05-18-2014, 09:47 AM
Awesome, more forum-y goodness. Keep it comin'!

Riverat
05-19-2014, 07:48 AM
Hi All,
I've missed you.
Some things I can't get to work about the new forum.
I used to have the subtitle "I am Meadlemania" over the forum patron button.
Now it just says Got Mead? Patron. How do I get my old subtitle back?
Also, let's pretend some spammer starts a thread(heaven forbid).
Used to be I could click at the top right of the post to alert the mods to the spam.
How do I do that now?
And used to be I could (kinda) "like" a post with the "scales of justice" at the top right of a post.
Can't figure out how to do that now, either.
Please help.
And good to have you back!

TheAlchemist
05-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Hey. Good to see you, Riverat!