PDA

View Full Version : Mead Calculator

Mirakk
05-19-2014, 02:35 PM
Okay, I didn't know where to post this sort of thing. I looked at the various forums and didn't come up with a better place to post this.

Teach me to use the mead calculator!

I'm even using the help page and it just flat out doesn't seem to respond to anything I do to it. I'm trying to calculate the expected gravity of a must. I check the box for target 6 gallons, and check the fermentables table to include 20lbs of honey and hit calculate, and it's not giving me any changes over the default values.

I've also tried following instructions for calculating alcohol content, and that doesn't seem to work either.

Help a brother out?

Riverat
05-19-2014, 02:46 PM
I've found (at least with IE at my security settings) that I have to "exit" the last field I input data in by clicking in another field to get an output, I generally don't have to hit "calculate though.

skunkboy
05-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Dosen't seem to be working for me, and the blending square is definitely busted...

danr
05-20-2014, 12:42 AM
I had problems with it this weekend too. Try this one instead: http://meadcalc.freevar.com/

JamesP
05-20-2014, 05:52 AM
It looks like the move to the new forum has broken the code.

Until the page is fixed/reloaded by the Administrators, use the link provided by danr

Mirakk
05-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Thanks guys, I'm using the calculator from Danr and it works like a champ. Thanks!

webmaster
05-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Sorry guys, I've been wrestling with the code in the new version of the website, and it's giving me fits. I'm not ignoring you, I promise. Dang thing just doesn't want to cooperate.