• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Grrrrrrr stupid noisy power supply!

Barrel Char Wood Products

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
anyone know how to quiet down a noisy power supply fan? It's driving me insane. Never mind....it's the stupid water pump.

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
u5y9a4a5.jpg
A 12 inch fan! The thing must have replaced the entire side of the box! I'm water cooling this one. I originally did it because the water cooling was QUIET. LOL. I guess it's time to look for a new pump. Or move this one far away from the computer.

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
I never overclock. If I want to make heat I light a fire. I water cool for silence. I even replace the fans and pump in the cooling rig to ensure noiseless operation. I even tried the oil bath method but that was impractical.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
...and I'm playing Blood Bowl tabletop because all but one computer in this house is so antiquated that games just laugh at them.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
OMFG, I'm totally showing my husband that video. It even turns on the lights itself!! We've been talking about suspending Warhammer terrain from the ceiling 'cause it's the only place we've got room for it... see, this is why I can't have the whole basement for my brewing area...

I'm pouting, his humans killed my rat-ogre in my very first game ever. RIP, "Buddy"...

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Okay.... I am lost on the Blood Bowl thing.... but video certainly shows an elaborate setup !!

Doug, it's from a tabletop wargame called Warhammer, except someone came up with (American) football rules (or maybe it's closer to rugby?), hence, Blood Bowl. You each get eleven players on your team and someone kicks the ball and then you can pretty much choose whether you're going to play the game by going for the ball to score points and win the game, or just be goons and try to injure/kill the other team's players.

Manny, it's got rules for steriods too :)

It uses a lot of the same miniatures as Warhammer (which my husband and I bought a lot of with honeymoon money because we figured painiting the minis and making terrain was a good way to spend time together even if I wasn't much interested in playing the actual game), and there's a computer Blood Bowl game too which is pretty close to the tabletop rules... Folks all over the world play the tabletop version in leagues, your characters (if they live through the match, poor Buddy) can earn improvements. We aren't spending a whole lot of money on it (we already dropped more than enough on the original Warhammer minis) so we're making some gratuitous substitutions (hehe, you should see our cheerleaders, rat-men with pompoms are hilarious, and I made a pretty credible tree-man out of old cotton yarn and lichen) that wouldn't be accepted in regulation play, but we're not regulated so we don't care. My husband can't leave any ruleset alone (whether it be D&D or any other roleplaying game) and he's a stickler for balance, so he's written a few tweaks into our league rules, it's just for us and a couple of our geeky friends.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns