PDA

View Full Version : desperately seeking mead or cider log sheet

gvhorwitz
10-26-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm trying to find an editable cider and mead log sheets. Something that I can edit on screen and then print (my handwriting is terrible and too large. something like a pdf form that I can change.

Any ideas? Please let me know.

Thank you

Greg

CrystalSitral
10-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Read your stickies. Exactly the thing you're looking for can be found in the first post of "The Mead Log" section of the forums.

PapaScout
10-29-2014, 08:36 PM
You mean this link? :

http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php/16753-Brew-Log-pdf

Yeah, the mediafire files are missing.

gvhorwitz
11-04-2014, 06:15 PM
What a drag. Thanks anyway.

CrystalSitral
11-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Sorry folks, try here(pdf) (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bPG0ZJ7LtGMUV5allqd2lwakU/view?usp=sharing). Annoyingly, you have to open the link first to find a download button for a local copy.
And if you look at the bottom of the linked thread, someone does have a working excel sheet as well.

Chevette Girl
11-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Have you tried doing a search for "log sheet"? I seem to recall there have been a couple people who've done Excel spreadsheets and shared them...

If not, you could try making your own or using Google Drive's spreadsheet so you can access it anywhere...

Info you will want:
Start date
title/type of must
ingredient list (include sources of honey and fruit and even prepared ingredients so you can repeat the recipe)
procedures/method including staggering nutrients
initial specific gravity
yeast type and pitch date (if not the same as your start date)
interim gravity measurements
chemical additions, date (pectinase, stabilizing, pH adjustments)
honey/sugar additions (either step-feeding or backsweetening)

Info you might want, depending on your equipment:
temperature readings every time you check the gravity
pH readings every time you check the gravity
brew number

I play way too free with formats to actually make a standard logsheet, typically I block letter mine (I also have terrible handwriting), each brew gets a sheet of looseleaf in my duo-tang, at the top are start date and what it is, then follows the ingredient list and procedures, and under that are usually date/SG/pH comment notations, for example,

Sept 24/14 SG =1.065, aerated and added last dose of nutrients/energizer
sept 28/14 SG =1.035
Sept 30/14 SG = 1.035, pH = 3.2, added 1 tsp calcium carbonnate
Oct 2/14 SG = 1.005, pH = 3.9, removed fruit bag
Oct 15/14 SG = .998, racked to secondary, tastes good
Nov 29/14 SG = .998, clear, stabilized and backsweetened to 1.010
Dec 15/14 SG = 1.010, bottled

...so for me, if I were going to do it on the computer anywhere aside from the gotmead mead log and my own excel summary sheet so I know where to look in my duo-tang, I'd just use a Word/Wordperfect/notepad document and just list it as above. Once you've got a few brews under your belt you'll know what info you want to record. Take a look through some of the mead logs that folks have entered (early posts in a given thread, before it breaks down into comments and questions) and you might get some ideas on how you'd want it to look...

gvhorwitz
11-05-2014, 09:54 AM
This is excellent, thank you so much for your suggestions. I was looking for ideas and I'm sure that the best for me will be the one that grows with me.

Thanks again

Greg

Have you tried doing a search for "log sheet"? I seem to recall there have been a couple people who've done Excel spreadsheets and shared them...

If not, you could try making your own or using Google Drive's spreadsheet so you can access it anywhere...

Info you will want:
Start date
title/type of must
ingredient list (include sources of honey and fruit and even prepared ingredients so you can repeat the recipe)
procedures/method including staggering nutrients
initial specific gravity
yeast type and pitch date (if not the same as your start date)
interim gravity measurements
chemical additions, date (pectinase, stabilizing, pH adjustments)
honey/sugar additions (either step-feeding or backsweetening)

Info you might want, depending on your equipment:
temperature readings every time you check the gravity
pH readings every time you check the gravity
brew number

I play way too free with formats to actually make a standard logsheet, typically I block letter mine (I also have terrible handwriting), each brew gets a sheet of looseleaf in my duo-tang, at the top are start date and what it is, then follows the ingredient list and procedures, and under that are usually date/SG/pH comment notations, for example,

Sept 24/14 SG =1.065, aerated and added last dose of nutrients/energizer
sept 28/14 SG =1.035
Sept 30/14 SG = 1.035, pH = 3.2, added 1 tsp calcium carbonnate
Oct 2/14 SG = 1.005, pH = 3.9, removed fruit bag
Oct 15/14 SG = .998, racked to secondary, tastes good
Nov 29/14 SG = .998, clear, stabilized and backsweetened to 1.010
Dec 15/14 SG = 1.010, bottled

...so for me, if I were going to do it on the computer anywhere aside from the gotmead mead log and my own excel summary sheet so I know where to look in my duo-tang, I'd just use a Word/Wordperfect/notepad document and just list it as above. Once you've got a few brews under your belt you'll know what info you want to record. Take a look through some of the mead logs that folks have entered (early posts in a given thread, before it breaks down into comments and questions) and you might get some ideas on how you'd want it to look...