PDA

View Full Version : Brewcraft Nutrient vs. Brewcraft Energizer and Yeast question

Cebelius
11-21-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm working with what I have, so absent the ability to magic up some Go-Ferm, DAP, and Fermaid-K so that I can use the weights and measures provided by other sources, I would like to know (if anyone knows) what's actually in Brewcraft Nutrient as opposed to Brewcraft Energizer.

There's no list of ingredients, no information available on the Brewcraft site that I could find, and no one else seems to have asked this question elsewhere, at least not in a web-searchable form.

This will be the first time I'll be doing periodic aeration and nutrient additions, but without knowing what the heck is in these two products I've got no idea how to mix them for addition. My father-in-law is interested in the process of meadmaking and I wanted to pitch while he's here, so I can't wait for shipping and this Brewcraft stuff is all I can find locally.

As well, if anyone happens to know, are there negative consequences for beginning a fermentation with too much yeast? I'm going to be using a stir-plate starter and I've heard that the yeast count is astronomically improved over a standard 'shake-it-when-you-walk-by' yeast starter.

Thanks in advance.

EJM3
11-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Here are a couple of resources that are right on the mark. Helped me out quite a bit to understand the relationship of the two products to each other. They are basically the same documents though...

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/difference-nutrient-energizer-phosphate.html

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/yeast-energizer-vs-yeast-nutrient.html

I also am able to find only the Brewcraft locally. Pretty much the same, works perfect in my ferments so far (know on wooden head)...

Cebelius
11-23-2014, 10:28 AM
Thanks kindly!

EJM3
11-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Your Welcome.

And WELCOME TO GOT MEAD we're friendly, don't bite much, and have had our shots (some of us anyway!)

Feel free to ask questions. I'm just starting my second year of mazing so I'm not as knowledgeable as some of the other users on this system. Some of them have been brewing beer and/or wine for over 20 years in a couple of cases. But it's a very addictive habit. I started out with little 1/2 gallon experimental batches, currently have 7 gallons bulk aging, and a 2 gallon batch in the works right now. More on the way as my budget will allow...