PDA

View Full Version : Back to fermenting

Xixist
01-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Hello all. I've returned to mead making after taking a few years off. I developed diabetes and quit the hobby thinking 'why make something that I cannot enjoy'? Recently my opinion on this has changed. I realized that I got my greatest joy from sharing the fruits of my labor rather that drinking it for effect. I began a new batch on New Years Eve, an apple-cinnamon mead that I truly look forward to shipping out to friends and family. I expect to keep y'all posted on results.
Chat at ya soon, Brian Phalen

GntlKnigt1
01-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Welcome back!

Medsen Fey
01-05-2015, 08:54 PM
Yes indeed! a lost sheep returns to the fold. ;D
I'm with you in that I really enjoy making mead but I drink relatively little, and wind up sharing the joy with friends and family. It makes me happy to make things that others appreciate.

EJM3
01-06-2015, 04:45 PM
I see no problem with making mead as a gift for Friends & Family. Those are the plans I have for most of what I am making as well. Health may get in the way, but you just keep fermenting anyway... ;D I know that for me it can be rather cathartic to make something with my own hands as a gift for others.

joemirando
01-08-2015, 09:32 PM
I see no problem with making mead as a gift for Friends & Family. Those are the plans I have for most of what I am making as well. Health may get in the way, but you just keep fermenting anyway... ;D I know that for me it can be rather cathartic to make something with my own hands as a gift for others.

100% agreed! Its a great feeling to watch somebody enjoying something you've labored over, something you've created. Yeah, its an ego boost, but its even more basic than that. It's knowing that you gave somebody a little bit of enjoyment, a little bit of a smile.

mannye
01-09-2015, 12:20 AM
I too enjoy sharing the mead more than drinking it. But I drink it. I drink it a lot. Scratch that... STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM MY MEAD. CELLAR RAT.

no no. But sharing it is what really makes it....HEY! I TOLD YOU TO GETTHE HECK AWAY FROM THAT BOTTLE!!!!

but seriously. Good to know you're back and having a good time with the hobby. That's what it's all about.

Sent from my galafreyan transdimensional communicator 100 years from now.
U g