• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

How many times are a charm?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
So far I have not made a single batch more than once.

I was thinking "I bet if I would make this a few more times I could get it right!"

That got me wondering,,,,,, how many times have you people made the same batch over again?

Lets get a count going here.

Medsen Fey

Fuselier since 2007
Premium Patron
The recipe that I have made the most number of times has been 5. Most of mine are 1-offs, but I find that makes it a lot of fun as a hobby. The constant exploration of new things keeps it exciting. This is one reason I'd hesitate to produce mead commercially - I'm not sure I could keep making the same thing over and over (even if it is really good).

Sent from my THINGAMAJIG with WHATCHAMACALLIT

fuelish

NewBee
Registered Member
I've made variations of a few batches about 3 times each (ginger capsicumel, sparkling peach pyment), but all have beeen different enough that they're not anywhere near the same recipe. I've made maybe two just plain meads exactly the same, so i guess my answer is 2?

WVMJack

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 12, 2013
Karnage, WV
www.wvmjack.com
We make a lot of the same styles of mead every year but tweak each one differently always trying to make it better. The wife will find one she particularly likes and requests it be made just like this again, sorry hun, dont know how to do that, but if we add this to it this year it will be better than last years:) WVMJ

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns