PDA

View Full Version : Critters!!!!

Clwurster
04-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Ok-so I know my mead cave is river rock, its wet, damp & cool which is how I & my brews like it but last week I found a slug hanging out on the airlock of my JOAM in the corner. Ackkkk. got out the flashlight & followed his slime trail across the rocks & found a crack he came thru- 3 feet below ground level. And then the other day I found a toad hanging out beside the underground cistern in the next room over. What the heck is going on? How did he get in? There's no light, no food or bugs. I thought about adopting him as my mead mascot but took him out back to the garden. Strange days-dogs sleeping with cats, lambs & lions ect.

MrRogers
04-09-2015, 02:31 PM
Well, I don't know much about them, but it seems that slugs can feed on many things, including flowers. Maybe the mead has a flowery aroma. :)
The toad might have been following the slug's trail. Hopefully the crack is not much bigger than that...

Clwurster
04-09-2015, 03:40 PM
The crack is teeny tiny & its below ground 2 1/2 feet!!
Does smell good in that room tho- slice of heaven most of the time

skunkboy
04-11-2015, 04:31 PM
The toad might have sensed it getting warmer and instead of coming up above ground came through the crack into your cave?

Clwurster
04-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Yeah. Idk. Gonna have check around where he got in from. Problem is most of my cellar is not people friendly for gettin around in. Don't like crawlin in dark caves much. But like I've said- better to do it than live in the fear of it. Or maybe I'll get my son to do it. Yeah...that's a better idea

skunkboy
04-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Along with a very large flashlight?