PDA

View Full Version : What will they come up with next!

edblanford
06-24-2015, 03:25 PM
For lazy brewers, I guess.

https://picobrew.azurewebsites.net/store/default.cshtml

Shelley
06-28-2015, 09:51 AM
I love my PicoBrew. We've made over a dozen recipes, with an IPA slated for next week, plus a few sous vide sessions. It takes the tedium out of all-grain brewing, not to mention a complete elimination of boil over messes. The company has been very responsive to troubleshooting, and their recipes tasty.

I'd probably never do an all-grain beer in a kettle; I don't have the time or inclination to watch water boil. But I'm happy as heck to try crafting my own recipe with the Pico.

mannye
06-28-2015, 11:22 PM
Wow. What a thing! I may have to get back into AG! When I can spare $2200 bucks that is. Still. It's pretty cool and when you tally up all the equipment needed for all grain and the hassle. Maybe for my 49th birthday?

Shelley
06-29-2015, 06:38 AM
Yeah, it's pricey. Let's just say the other half likes brewing toys too. :-) He found it on Kickstarter; it was much lower then.

58limited
06-29-2015, 06:52 PM
Looks interesting. I brew extract with some specialty grains but I do not have the space or time to do all grain brewing - this automated system might be an option for me someday. I generally try to keep 5 beers on tap but lately I've reserved one of the taps for hydromels.

mannye
06-29-2015, 08:46 PM
I had gone to AG for a while, but switched back to "augmented extract brewing" like what you do. I usually started with a "light lager" base and added chocolate malt and things like that.