PDA

View Full Version : Grilled peach is smokey

Thig
07-22-2015, 01:46 PM
I made a grilled peach melomel Sept 2014 and after adding Super-Kleer in Dec 2014 it cleared perfectly. I sweetened in June 2015 with more honey and it clouded back up. It has been 6 weeks now and has not even started to clear up. I don't want to strip too much flavor by adding Super-Kleer again, do I just wait it out? It has a great smokey flavor so I thought about leaving it cloudy and calling it "Smokey Peach Melomel."

Squatchy
07-22-2015, 04:05 PM
You may find it better to add your fining ingredients after you make all of your additions to avoid this happening. Have you cold crashed it?

Thig
07-22-2015, 04:18 PM
You may find it better to add your fining ingredients after you make all of your additions to avoid this happening. Have you cold crashed it?

Yeah I realized I should have waited on the fining. This being only my second mead/melomel I didn't realize adding more honey would cloud it back up. And no I have not cold crashed. I don't have refrigerator space available for that at the moment. I am in no hurry to bottle it so when I have some of my wine moved I will try cold crashing it to see what happens. Thanks.

Thig
09-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Just an update to this thread, I finally cold crashed this for 2 weeks at about 40 degrees. It cleared very nice. I had read that cold crashing probably would not help but glad I tried it.