PDA

View Full Version : JAOM botled too early

nunogomes1
09-20-2015, 05:44 PM
First let me begin by saying this is my first batch. I read the recipe and i remember it saying to wait two months ir till the fruits fall to the bottom.
So today, aproximately 2,5 months André with all the fruits in the bottom of the carboy, i bottled the batch.
I've used US-05 ale bee yeast.
Thing is, FG reading is 1,027, and i'm nos afraid that the feementations hasn't ended. The 5 bottles are in the fridge, and the Mead (for my beginner taste) tastes good. But i wonder, is there any risks of exploding bottles if they're kept in the fridge?
Should i try to put the Mead back in a carboy?
Any recomendations?

Thanks in advance.

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk

loveofrose
09-20-2015, 08:13 PM
First, it's not a JAOM because you didn't use bread yeast. It would have been way better if you did.

Assuming you followed the rest of the directions to the letter, you are at 14.8% ABV. US05 is done at that point. No worries of bottle bombs in the fridge.

Better brewing through science!

See my brewing site at www.denardbrewing.com

See my Current Mead Making Techniques article here:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/current-mead-making-techniques.html

nunogomes1
09-21-2015, 01:32 PM
Thank you for the answer.

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk

mannye
09-21-2015, 05:42 PM
Next time use the bread yeast and you will be very happy. If you like what you have now, you will love the real thing. Try opening one of those bottles in about a week and if you have carbonation, open and recap them about once a week until you don't see it anymore. Or... drink sparkling mead. I like a little fizz in my mead. Especially if it's sweet like yours.