PDA

View Full Version : Additives in Canada

Bones6966
01-07-2016, 08:59 PM
I'm looking for somewhere online to get go ferm, DAP, stabilizers, yeast, and things to control PH Levels in Canada.
Most places i have found are always out of stock or located in the US and shipping cost more than what i want to buy.
My LHBS is not well equip and run by someone that dose not know what i want let alone how to use it.
I'm sure at least one of the mead gurus here are in Canada and know how to help.
And if your anywhere near north of Toronto ill let you try out my first brew when it is ready. Cheer and thanks in advance!

Ghost99
01-08-2016, 12:51 AM
Hi Bones6966,

I've had good success with both The Home Vintner in Alberta:

http://www.thehomevintner.com/

and Bosagrape in BC:

http://www.bosagrape.com/

Both seem to have a good selection, knowledgeable communicative staff and decent shipping rates. Might be a bit far west for you, but worth checking out anyway. Hope this helps!

Bones6966
01-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Thanks allot Ghost!

curgoth
01-08-2016, 02:50 PM
There's also Canadian Homebrew Supplies (http://homebrewsupplies.ca/) in Brampton, which is where I tend to shop since it's 10 minutes from work for me. They also do online. They tend to be out of things a lot, though, and only do things like Fermaid K and DAP in annoying 10g baggies without instructions. Shipping might be better in province than stuff from out west, though, and depending on *how* north of Toronto you are, you can stop in in person.

When I went there and asked about mead, they sold me Ken Schramm's book and told me to come back when I had a recipe picked out, which wasn't bad advice, really.

Bones6966
01-08-2016, 06:26 PM
I seen them online and there useually out of stock ya. I should look up where they are I'm just at the military base in Borden.

Stasis
01-08-2016, 08:25 PM
Fermaid k in 10g baggies? Price should be quite inflated at those sizes...

Farmboyc
01-08-2016, 08:35 PM
I just put an order in with
Bosa Grape.

They have bigger quantities. I was looking for Fermaid O but it was only available in a 1kg container and I wasn't ready to get that much.

They are susposed to review my order and call for payment.

I will let you kow how things work out.

Bones6966
01-09-2016, 12:52 AM
Thanks
Now just to find some go-ferm

Farmboyc
01-09-2016, 01:32 AM
Bosa Grape has Go Ferm as well. Got 1kg on order.

Farmboyc
01-28-2016, 08:48 PM
So my package came in from Bosa Grape a couple weeks back just getting around to a review.

First off the website is a little awkward particularly from a phone but it is manageable.

PROCESS

You make your order they process and then call you back to confirm and arrange for payment and firm up shipping.

Once the conformation is completed they send you an e-mail confirming the shipment. Mine was sent via Canada Post.

THE GOODS

My package arrived in 4 days from shipment as stated by Bosa Grape. The nutrients I received were re-packed from larger lots ( go ferm, fermaid-k) the potassium bicarbonate arrived in a factory package and the DV 10 50g was a Re-Packaging lot. All the packaging was intact I have no complaints.

THE PROBLEM

Upon arrival and after cross referencing with my original order and the packing slip it became obvious that one item had not been shipped.

THE SERVICE

I called and explained what had happened. I had a picture of the package ready to send if they required.
The lady on the phone listened politely and put me on hold while she costed her manager. When she came back on the line she told me that she could either send me the missing product at no additional cost or reimburse my credit card.
I opted to get them to send me the missed product. It arrived in a other 4 days with no additional al charges.

CONCLUSION

Wide selection of products, reasonable pricing with good costumer service and timely shipping. This will be my go-to online supplier.

curgoth
01-30-2016, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the follow up!

Mead Max
04-02-2016, 07:52 PM
I know this is a dormant thread, but Watson's Vineyard in Niagara-on-the-Lake carries Fermaid-K, DAP and Go-Ferm.

http://www.watsons.ca/suppliesorderform.pdf

curgoth
07-17-2016, 10:35 PM
Thank you so much for this! Canadian Homebrew Supplies has been out of GoFerm and Fermaid K for 6 months. I was down in Niagara for wine tastings, and I swung by Watson's for a 500g bag of each.