PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for GotMead Live! Radio

gunit00
02-08-2016, 01:27 AM
Hi folks,

GotMead Live! Radio is an excellent opportunity to learn the story of how the pro's got started. The hosts do a great job making a show that is fun to listen to. I would suggest that the hosts ask more questions on the process of mead making for each respective mazer on air.

I would argue that one the main reasons mead has not taken off is the lack of quality mead available to buy. People get turned off by the many mediocre meads available. This is a result of inconsistent information on how to make good mead. For example, we are not sure about the amount of Fermaid O to use in a given batch or how mead ages over-time.

I am not asking for you guys to probe them about trade secrets, but I am asking for more pointed questions on the fundamentals of their process, i.e. nutrient protocols, stopping fermentation, aging techniques, temperature controls, and yeast preferences. GotMead Live! Radio is an excellent opportunity to elucidate the nitty gritty how-to's of mead. This information will add to collective skill set of of the mazer community. Leading to better mead!

What do you guys think? Also, do you have any suggestions for suggestions for GotMead Live! Radio ?

WVMJack
02-08-2016, 03:51 AM
Please make sure the links to the past podcasts work well for those who cant listen live. WVMJ

gunit00
02-08-2016, 04:20 AM
Please make sure the links to the past podcasts work well for those who cant listen live. WVMJ

I was able to find them here, http://www.podcastchart.com/podcasts/gotmead-live . It's kind of silly that they do such great work with the podcasts, but their location is not clearly posted. Also, you will be frustrated that the podcasts are not accompanied by a brief description....

Mishram
02-09-2016, 02:28 PM
I will say that I appreciate the questions JD asks and he is very good about getting everyone back on topic when they go off on a tangent.

fuelish
02-09-2016, 06:10 PM
I suggest they don't drink so much mead on-air.....just kidding ;) Am almost caught up on the old 'casts, sounds like they have a great time doing them and hope it continues. No suggestions here, I mean, everyone has their own "fundamentals of their process, i.e. nutrient protocols, stopping fermentation, aging techniques, temperature controls, and yeast preferences." Takes a little time to figure this stuff out for oneself, but not long, and there's already a wealth of info available given a lil browsing time. Doesn't matter to me how the pros do it, I do it as I do, likely to change very little....am fine with the way the podcasts are going as is.