OG approx. 1.90 on 01/22/16
D-47
Clover/sage honey
I have tried to be very meticulous in sanitation, but who knows

Today is the 4th day with no gravity change
using a refractometer and sean's calculator
SG 1.0057
hydrometer 1.001 -1.002
Airlock, even without a noticeable change in gravity for 4 days, seems to perk every 15-20 minutes.
Temp was maintained at approx. 66-67F until 2-3 days ago when I allowed it to come to room temp, now at 70-71F
4 days ago and prior, as gravity was dropping, I would see a fair amount (not excessive) light white dust floating on top before de-gassing, that has decreased to almost non-existent since gravity has stabilized.
There does not appear to be anything else floating, or otherwise, throughout.

I have been de-gassing daily and have noticed, for the last 2 days, a distinct sour funk (citrus or possibly green apple, I'm not positive) especially strong during de-gassing (previous alcohol smell is not noticeable since then, either) The citrus note is somewhat noticeable in flavor as well.
Prior to yesterday the smell was a bit yeasty, with a hint of honey and an obvious wine nose, without any noticeable citrus smell.

Should I continue to leave the must on the lees (could I have possibly over stressed my yeast at some point)...Should I just chill out and see if time will help?
I had planed to leave the must in the primary for at least 2 more weeks, de-gassing daily.
If I were to de-gass several/many times a day could this help?
Or should I just write this one off to experience and call it FUNK ME!

Traditional without any fruit, spices, etc. added

bmwr75
02-14-2016, 07:47 PM
Did you mean to say your O.G. = 1.090? The SG readings in the 1.001-1.005 would mean the ferment is nearly complete. You could wait until February 22 at least before racking off the lees. My recommendation is to exercise some patience.

mrngbear
02-14-2016, 08:31 PM
Did you mean to say your O.G. = 1.090? The SG readings in the 1.001-1.005 would mean the ferment is nearly complete. You could wait until February 22 at least before racking off the lees. My recommendation is to exercise some patience.

I did! ...1.090
oops!

thanks,
patiently waiting

mrngbear
02-15-2016, 09:18 PM
just saying...http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/strains.asp
He states that with d47 if must is left on the lees "ripe spicy aromas with tropical and citrus notes develop"
I'm assuming he's referring to being left on the lees for extended periods as in aging? but I don't know anything!