PDA

View Full Version : Honey and Agave

RocketMan
02-18-2016, 12:10 PM
Ok, here's the story, a buddy of mine was talking about how he's made a wine from Agave Nectar. Well that got me to thinking about it so, when I started a batch of JAO I started a gallon batch with Agave. Now if I blend the two what would that become, an Agave Mead? Last time I took a sample to get an SG I did blend a couple of sips and have to admit, it was pretty tasty :)

Cheers

Farmboyc
02-18-2016, 01:07 PM
I am interested in how this turns out. The Mrs. Is a big tequila fan. Does the agave leave a tequila like flavour?

UUMeader
02-18-2016, 01:38 PM
Years ago I made a mead and used a darker shade of agave for about half of the sugar. It was pleasant. Good luck!

Squatchy
02-18-2016, 07:24 PM
I am interested in how this turns out. The Mrs. Is a big tequila fan. Does the agave leave a tequila like flavour?

I think a good bit of tequila's flavor comes from the barrels they age it in. Think of a silver tequila. That is closer to a plain agave flavor.

Farmboyc
02-18-2016, 07:53 PM
I think a good bit of tequila's flavor comes from the barrels they age it in. Think of a silver tequila. That is closer to a plain agave flavor.
That's what I was wondering about everything else can be approximated with oak and time.