PDA

View Full Version : Time to Brag

Ken2029
03-03-2016, 10:18 PM
My daughter and I made a gallon of JAOM on December 21st, the winter solstice, which could not have hurt. I just bottled it up last night, March 2nd. It yielded four bottles plus one glass. I drank the glass tonight and I have to say that it tasted pretty good! A little rough around the edges, so to speak, but very fit to drink. The other four bottles are going into the dark until summer. They should be great by then. This is going to be a real crowd pleaser.

bmwr75
03-03-2016, 10:25 PM
My experience is it will be much better this summer......but I agree it is drinkable after clearing.

EbonHawk
03-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Same here. I couldn't stop the grasping hands on the batch I made last September that got consumed around the middle of December. For something only a few months old, it was spectacular. But that last bottle that I kept until the first of January...I could tell it was just starting to get really, really good. I'm so torn as to what batch to make next: know I want 5 gal of Yo's Strawberry Pizazz, I want to try a bochet of some kind, and I'd like some more JAOM. That 5 gal bucket of honey from The Bee Folks is looking like the best deal all around. That way, I can make all 3. :-)