PDA

View Full Version : Very Active Yeast in late ferment.

DriftWood
03-23-2016, 01:45 AM
So I was getting ready to rack off my mead, into the secondary ferment, however I wanted to add more peach to my mead to get more flavor so I blended them and and added them to the pail, and was going to let the peach sediments dip to the bottom to have less residue in the glass carboy, however when it seems it was ready for secondary 1118 didn't think so sediments were at the bottom and the SG dropped by .10 now The thick clay like foam is at the top and bubbling so fierce I am afraid that I am going to lose the peach flavor that I am trying to achieve if the yeast keeps eating it all up, any tips are should i be worried?

djsxxx
03-23-2016, 03:42 AM
Don't use EC-1118 for delicate flavours[emoji14]

If you want to stop fermentation then you could crash and stabilise. Then rack on to some pears to reach desired taste

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

DriftWood
03-23-2016, 05:30 AM
well I want to get it ferment through, but good to know with the 1118 luckily this is for my dad and likes dry wine.

Mazer828
03-23-2016, 08:53 AM
EC-1118 is vigorous, and will go up to 18% as advertised, and higher if it feels like it. Don't know where your gravity is at right now, but cold crashing might only make it pause fermentation until the temp eventually comes back up. Just be careful to ensure you are fully stabilized before bottling. 😲

DriftWood
03-24-2016, 04:29 AM
the Sg is at 1.001 I dont know the starting I didnt have a hydrometer at the time