PDA

View Full Version : Custom Bottle Caps

58limited
04-08-2016, 07:33 PM
So on a whim I searched the internets for custom bottle caps and of the five or so sites I looked at the one below had the best pricing. They are also located in Houston, only 100 miles away, so I decided to give them a try. I ordered 100 bottle caps with my cattle brand, Circle DW, on them at 7:15pm Wednesday night. Thursday morning at about 7:40am I got a notice that a shipping label had been created. Today (Friday) at 11am my postman handed me the bottle caps. Needless to say I'm impressed. They are $0.14 each. The other sites I surfed were about $0.40-$0.55 each. Ordering is as easy as uploading a picture into their design wizard, centering it on the cap, and ordering.

https://www.bottlemark.com/

Here is a pic - my camera sucks, they look better in person. Defects in the pic (cut-off on the left) are my fault, not theirs - the photo I submitted was one I took last year and it was cropped. When I centered the image the left was cut off a bit. When I order more I will take a better picture:

http://www.1958buickforum.net/webpage/circle_DW_bottlecap.JPG

PapaScout
04-08-2016, 07:50 PM
What a fun idea! I have always marked the end of the cork with some indicator '14C' for 2014 cherry, '15S' for 2015 strawberry, etc instead of doing labels, but I like the custom cap idea!

Jessiegaddy
04-08-2016, 07:59 PM
Thanks for this. I have been looking for caps and labels that you don't have to buy in bulk. Good looking out.

Shelley
04-08-2016, 08:35 PM
I've used Bottlemark for perhaps too many brews. Lots of fun. I did find with my last batch that some of them didn't set right, so just make sure they're tight when you bottle. I lost a few to loose caps.

58limited
04-17-2016, 12:00 PM
I've used Bottlemark for perhaps too many brews. Lots of fun. I did find with my last batch that some of them didn't set right, so just make sure they're tight when you bottle. I lost a few to loose caps.

Could the bottle capper be out of adjustment or is it non-adjustable?

skunkboy
04-18-2016, 01:01 PM
Brew Your Own just had an article on how to transfer laser printed designs onto bottle caps, if you are willing to fiddle around at home.

Mazer828
04-18-2016, 10:29 PM
Fiddling around at home? No way! That's what got me six kids!

Shelley
04-20-2016, 06:05 AM
Could the bottle capper be out of adjustment or is it non-adjustable?

No, it's the caps. I've only had problems with printed caps. Plain color caps I've purchased were fine.