two small bags of sweetened dried coconut flakes
12 lbs wildflower honey
Spring water to 6.5 gallons
1 pack Lalvin D-47
3 tsp yeast energizer
3 tsp yeast nutrient

OG: 1.145
FG: 1.054

My issue is that I believe I used too many fermentables, and my FG is higher than I would like it to be (ideally I'd like it closer to 1.02). I thought it might've been a pH issue, but I tested the pH levels and they didn't even read, which leads me to believe that they are within the desired range. I added calcium bi-carbonate just to be safe, without results.

I repitched a different yeast (EC-1118) more than a month ago (made a starter with the same mead but pitched it after only a few hours since it was building up all kinds of pressure), and thought that was doing the trick since I thought I saw foam, but again, my FG has not changed.

I'm getting scared that I'll lose the batch and would just love to hear some insight from the group.

Masbustelo
07-13-2016, 12:57 PM
It should still be willing to ferment. It looks like your at around 11% alc. The most obvious thing to me is your pH, which you don't really know what it is. Also you randomely added some calcium without knowing where you were?/are.

tjstruve
07-13-2016, 01:16 PM
Correction: I used POTASSIUM bi-carbonate, knowing that my pH level is below 4.6 and therefore potentially more acidic than it should be. I apologize for my initial typo.

Squatchy
07-13-2016, 09:24 PM
$.6 is way above the limit. I usually wont even begin to start to check it all the time unless it get down to 3.2. If/when you start using fermaid -o you wont have to check it at all as the "O" does a great job at buffering.