View Full Version : Mead stuck? Finished?

10-05-2016, 01:42 AM
So I had start making this mead in January and I can't tell if it is stuck or finished or what?

The pH is at 4.0 and this is after I had to rack it a few times (from the lees settling at the bottom) and after having to reactive it from being stuck (did so two months ago by adding nutrient and energizer) it did reactivate and I racked it again because of lees gathering at the bottom (took this as the yeast being active once more). But the pH on it is 4.0 and activity has since diminished. The recipe I used was

3 lbs of Dark Alfalfa Honey
1 gallon spring water
1/2 teaspoon of yeast nutrient
1/2 teaspoon of yeast energizer
1 packet Lalvin D47 yeast

Any thoughts or tips?

10-05-2016, 08:50 AM
What are you gravity readings? What was your hydration process? Temp control?

10-05-2016, 10:55 AM
gravity reading started off at a 1.100 now it is down to 1.005. I don't know what hydration process is and the temp always kept it around 70 degrees. It was fine til I moved but I kept it covered as I was relocating it so light would not hit it. Even the pH previously was at 3.6 then I noticed there was little to no activity so I added energizer and nutrient to it but it was still being stubborn so about a week or two later I added the energizer and nutrient again and that seemed to have got the yeast going again. After that got about an in ch and a half of lees at the bottom very quickly I racked it took the pH then it went up to 4.0. And it has remain there ever since (about 2 weeks now).

10-05-2016, 08:03 PM
It's done. Drink it.

10-05-2016, 09:07 PM
may I have 1 drink plz?? :) its ready