PDA

View Full Version : Newbee In Manchester, UK

Swn Gwyrdd
11-11-2016, 05:43 AM
Hi, I'm a Newbee in Manchester (The one in UK for any 'Muricans ;) ).
Just wondering if there are any other mead-inclined people around Manchester/North West or if I'm the only one?

Where do you get your honey from? I've only really started brewing recently and while I'm getting into it I've just been clearing out the local Asda's cheap stuff (~3.30 per kg) in case I cocked anything up! I've not made a mess of it (yet) so I'll be looking at using some proper honey for one of my next batches, but it doesn't seem like there are many places to get decent stuff from where it won't cost a fortune.

jmbradbury
11-11-2016, 08:02 AM
try beekeepingforum.co.uk , they may be able to tell you where to get raw honey.
drunken plumber downunder.

djsxxx
11-11-2016, 11:59 AM
I'm down South East, and get all my honey from these guys - http://www.payneshoney.co.uk/honey-in-bulk/

Postage is a little pricey, but free on orders over 100.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Swn Gwyrdd
11-14-2016, 06:55 AM
Thanks guys, I've seen that Paynes place mentioned in a few other topics and they seem pretty good. The free postage for orders over 100 would definitely make it worthwhile.
I'll definitely have a look at the beekeepingforum.co.uk, it would be nice to maybe partner up with a local apiary if possible, keep it old-school :P