PDA

View Full Version : Here is what's in a raisin!!

Squatchy
01-16-2017, 03:55 PM
So many people think raisins are nutrients and they are not. They might add a tiny bit of volume in the mouth. And a taste of sugar. But there is zero reasons to think a batch of mead can be successful using raisins as nutrients. That's just bad misinformation. Save yourself some trouble and feed your Mead. I have posted some info in the link on the raisin. Please look for yourself.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrientprofile&dbid=24

Stasis
01-16-2017, 04:08 PM
Seems like amino acids from raisins is roughly 1.5g per 100g. I don't know by heart whether or not all those amino acids are yeast usable. You'd need a lot of raisins for a successful batch of mead. I can't be bothered to calculate but I think hou'd end up with a wine in the end if you're using solely raisins as nutrient

caduseus
01-16-2017, 04:20 PM
Seems like amino acids from raisins is roughly 1.5g per 100g. I don't know by heart whether or not all those amino acids are yeast usable. You'd need a lot of raisins for a successful batch of mead. I can't be bothered to calculate but I think hou'd end up with a wine in the end if you're using solely raisins as nutrient

Ditto man. I am not sure you could be with no nutrients in a payment with50% fermentable being grape juice. Certainly in that scenario you could get by with less not zero nutrients