PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to know how your mead would score in a competition?

Squatchy
03-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Hi everybody.

So for a while now I have had people sending me their mead asking me of what I thought and what could they do to improve the mead.

And, as some of you know I am now a certified mead judge in the MJCP. This is the governing organization that oversee all the competitions that you will compete in in the US.

I would like to offer to you a chance to get some feedback on your stuff. I will fill out an official score sheet and also include possible ideas to improve your finished product.

If you send me a copy of your log I will also comment on what I think you can do to improve your protocol.

I know for me, I entered many things in competitions before I had ever even tasted a mead in that category. Not looking to win anything but to get some feedback from someone.

The feedback helps. And you never get protocol clarification when you enter a competition.

I'll do this free of charge for anyone who wants to send something my way.

PM me if your interested

X-tian
03-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Hi everybody.

So for a while now I have had people sending me their mead asking me of what I thought and what could they do to improve the mead.

And, as some of you know I am now a certified mead judge in the MJCP. This is the governing organization that oversee all the competitions that you will compete in in the US.

I would like to offer to you a chance to get some feedback on your stuff. I will fill out an official score sheet and also include possible ideas to improve your finished product.

If you send me a copy of your log I will also comment on what I think you can do to improve your protocol.

I know for me, I entered many things in competitions before I had ever even tasted a mead in that category. Not looking to win anything but to get some feedback from someone.

The feedback helps. And you never get protocol clarification when you enter a competition.

I'll do this free of charge for anyone who wants to send something my way.

PM me if your interested

Def gonna do this with you, Squatchy, at some point (hopefully soon)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squatchy
03-04-2017, 03:33 AM
Def gonna do this with you, Squatchy, at some point (hopefully soon)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring it on :)

Maylar
03-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Hah - Just wantin' some free mead, eh? Your mamma raised no fools :p

When my latest cyser has aged a bit, I'll take you up on that.

Squatchy
03-04-2017, 02:05 PM
Hah - Just wantin' some free mead, eh? Your mamma raised no fools :p

When my latest cyser has aged a bit, I'll take you up on that.

You're funny. I have 10 times the mead I could ever drink in an entire lifetime sittin around here. Actually I thought to my self, "I sure hope I don't get a lot of bad tasting stuff that I have to score". The good thing about scoring a mead is you can get all the sensory info you need with a single ounce. So it doesn't require drinking much if it's not very good.

WayneG
03-04-2017, 04:51 PM
My very first batch sample should have hit your mail box on Friday.

Squatchy
03-04-2017, 05:54 PM
My very first batch sample should have hit your mail box on Friday.

I sent you an email yesterday and have been waiting to hear back from you

WayneG
03-04-2017, 06:50 PM
I sent you an email yesterday and have been waiting to hear back from you
Nothing here yet, some times the pony express is slow out here. You can try a PM if you like

Squatchy
03-05-2017, 12:10 AM
Nothing here yet, some times the pony express is slow out here. You can try a PM if you like

Hello again. Just got home from a very long training ride a bit ago. I sent you a PM

MrMooCow
03-06-2017, 12:27 PM
This is pretty cool Squatchy. Thanks. I'll definitely send you some samples at a future point.

caduseus
03-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Yes it is cool.
The soonest i plan to enter is the Texas mead cup in September. Nothing will be ready for the "Mead free or Die".

Anyone know of any Mead events between 4/30 and late September?