PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! HEELLLP!! :)

Joel Hallet
10-06-2004, 03:58 PM
???

Right Ok i'm confuseled. I just tried to sign up on the boards and got two strange errors, the first being that my normally used (and rather uncommon) username is taken (and i notice is the most recently added user) LLEWIN is what i tend to use... so i adjusted it and then it said an account already existed with my email address: hallet2004 @ godsfamily . com ...now i've not signed up on this board to the best of my knowledge and when i try to get a password it tells me the email address *isn't* registered... heeeelllllllp. i'm new to mead and want to get on these boards officially :)

Jmattioli
10-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Wecome Joel,
Vicky will have to take care of that for you. She is traveling in Camden, TN right now. It does show you got registered today at 5:29 PM as llewin. Try rebooting your computer and then coming to the log-in page and signing in as llewin again and use the password you originally entered. It must have accepted it or it wouldn't be forbidding you from re-registering with the same email address. My profile of you shows you signed up correctly. Try again to log-on and if it still doesn't work, Vicky will have to reset you or fix. I tryed your username and it accepted it. Just said wrong password cause I didn't know it.
Joe

Joel Hallet
10-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Thanks for replying. I may need to wait for her to get back as i dont remember having a chance to put in a password and the passwords i normally use wont let me in. I tried having the system send me my password with the 'reminder' and got this error message:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: [no URL]

The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Generated Wed, 06 Oct 2004 23:33:55 GMT by firewall.safewaycu.com (Squid/2.2.STABLE5)

Soooo... Yeah... :) well atleast I can read and post withou being signed up so i'll go with that for now.

Jmattioli
10-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the info. Keep track of your posts. I'm sure she won't mind updating it under llewin when she gets your password fixed. What's your mead experience level Joel?
Joe

llewin
10-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Ok whatever the issue was appears to have been fixed. I just got 4 emails with password reminders...it appears to have given me a completely random password of course, but i can change that :)

Experience level: i'm a mead infant! :) lol...

Pewter_of_Deodar
10-07-2004, 08:19 AM
I had/have a similar story when I first registered. I wanted to be "Pewter", which is my preferred handle. I logged in, filled in the blanks, and got about the same response Llewin did.

Vicky,

You may delete plain "Pewter" if you'd like since I won't be using/can't use that one. If you can delete that and then change the handle on this access to "Pewter" without things garfing up, I'd request that as well. But for now the way I am is fine if it causes other troubles at your end or at my end to change the handle.

Thanks,
Pewter the Rogue

webmaster
10-19-2004, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

FYI, if you need to contact me, email me at gotmead@gotmead.com. I only have time to read the forum a couple times a week, and with all the new posts, I don't always catch them right away.

Joel and Pewter, drop me a quick line and tell me what you need done, and I'll get right on it!

Vicky - currently in Charleston, SC