• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

forum search

Barrel Char Wood Products

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
I've read most of the posts here at got mead and I have come across a small problem. 3 weeks after you read a new post you can't remember where it was. Is there anyway to have a search of just forrum topics? Sometimes I just cross my fingers and hope it dosen't take an hour to find what I am looking for. Just a thought.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
If you click the search icon in the forums, and "un-click" the checked boxes beside each forum topic you can narrow down the subject very easily to your search criteria.

I do this all the time and it works fine. If you go to the bottom of the search page and put in the number of hits you want to echo back, and the number of days in the past you wish to search to, you'll have a very well defined and paramterized search.

Hope that helps,

Oskaar

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
WOW Thanks Oskaar I guess I should have poked around the site a little more. I never noticed that little search I always just see the big one at the top of the page

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I have a funny story about being accused by a cute substitute teacher of being too precocious in my High School Latin class. I was reading ahead in the books (The Latin translations of the Illiad and the Odyssey) and checking the footnotes, and she caught me and told me my questions in class were "overly precocious" and that I needed to confine my thoughts to the topics being discussed in class.

That day I was going to my buddy's house after school and on the way I noticed a sign that there was a free sculpture show at the Muckenthaler Art Center which was on the way to my friend's house. Since it was free, I went in and was looking around and noticed a display with a lot of nude sculptures. Being your basic high school boy I headed straight for them. They were oddly familiar but I couldn't place them . . . that is until I spoke to the artist . . . who turned out to be the husband of the cute substitute teacher, who also happened to be his model for the sculptures!

Can anyone guess what I had on my desk the next day in school??

Oskaar

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Oskaar -- this is a great story but for the life of me I can't figure out how it relates to the original question on searching the forum.

Maybe this should be subtitled "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Search Forum"? ;D

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Whoops,

Dan, et all, I should have made that a bit clearer! I'm Kat Curious about everything, so when I get something new, or join a forum, or have a new piece of software to play with the first thing I do is to go through it from stem to stern and find out what features, functions, are offered. When I first joined the Gotmead.com forum I poked around for about two days tweaking my account and trying different things. I found the forum search at that time.

The relation to the High School story is that my substitute teacher told me that I was too precocious, I just found a way to turn it into a profession in Information Technology, and a side benefit was finding the forum search tools and such early on.

Oskaar

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Oskaar said:
I have a funny story about being accused by a cute substitute teacher of being too precocious

That day I was going to my buddy's house after school and on the way I noticed a sign that there was a free sculpture show at the Muckenthaler Art Center which was on the way to my friend's house. Since it was free, I went in and was looking around and noticed a display with a lot of nude sculptures. Being your basic high school boy I headed straight for them. They were oddly familiar but I couldn't place them . . . that is until I spoke to the artist . . . who turned out to be the husband of the cute substitute teacher, who also happened to be his model for the sculptures!

Can anyone guess what I had on my desk the next day in school??

Oskaar

A scale model of a 1942 Woodie? Not the Substitute, Shirley?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns