PDA

View Full Version : New Member Map shows your location!

webmaster
11-19-2004, 07:37 AM
I've added a member map to the forum that shows your location in the world. If you'd like to add yourself, click 'Member Map' on the taskbar above, and at the bottom of the map view, you'll see a button marked 'Add Location'. Click it, fill in the info, and click on the map where you are.

You must be a registered member to add yourself

Cheers!

Medsen Fey
12-06-2008, 01:35 PM
I just looked at the member map today (I'm a little slow, what can I say?) and I must tell you that is one of the neatest things I have seen. That's a really great addition to the site - Thank you Vicky and Pete! ;D

capoeirista13
12-06-2008, 10:42 PM
wow, this is really cool!

Medsen Fey
12-06-2008, 11:43 PM
It gets even cooler when you select the satellite images. Pete, I was looking right down on your place today and I could swear I saw you sunning on the deck with someone - Quite Naughty! :o

wayneb
12-07-2008, 01:20 AM
Well, I had to check out what Medsen thinks he saw, so I went to the map and...

...a bunch of us who had been shown earlier have now disappeared!

Vicky, I think there's a bug in your map database.

Bummer -- now I can't see Pete's deck (or my hot tub, for that matter). >:(

;)

-- OK, now that's really weird. I just checked again (not 5 minutes after posting the above) and every past entry is back. Strange!

Noe Palacios
12-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Itīs a great thing. Now I know where you all live and the next the time Iīll go near by you I will stop and share with you some of my mead.

wayneb
12-07-2008, 01:51 AM
Itīs a great thing. Now I know where you all live and the next the time Iīll go near by you I will stop and share with you some of my mead.

And now we know where to find you! But I suspect that you will get up here before I have a chance to travel to central America -- my vagabond scuba diving trips are over for a while, at least until our kids are old enough to be on their own. Although I would like to dive around Little Corn someday.

Medsen Fey
01-20-2009, 07:46 PM
So I was looking at the member map, which I still think is a really cool feature, but I see only 50 folks have put themselves on the map so far. I know there are more of us here in Florida, and I hope y'all will fill in the gaps.

Yes, I know some of you want to avoid the raids from cellar rats and are trying to stay in hiding, but trust me, it won't work - they can smell the good stuff from across the state. ;D

And, I'm also sure more than a couple of us are either on the lam or in witness protection. Don't worry, you're excused. ;)

osluder
01-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Yep, I'm feelin' mighty lonely down here in the Lone Star State. ;D -- Olen

ndbrewlady
01-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Look up north, nobody around me in ND either. :D

Xixist
01-29-2009, 07:00 AM
A most excellent map site. I can use it to find my way home after a good taste testing.
Wassail, Xixist

Medsen Fey
02-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Yep, I'm feelin' mighty lonely down here in the Lone Star State. ;D -- Olen

Head's up Olen, you've got a neighbor just down the road! Now it's the not-quite-alone star state. :D

osluder
02-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Head's up Olen, you've got a neighbor just down the road! Now it's the not-quite-alone star state. :D

Yup, and at least one more up the road a piece in Austin-tacious, but they haven't added themselves yet it appears. Startin' to get down right crowded now! ;D -- Olen

Medsen Fey
02-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Perhaps, it is a little too early, and all the posts may not be in, but it looks like Vicky is going to have to declare the Greater Chicago Area as the Mead Capital of the World! :o

wayneb
02-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Perhaps, it is a little too early, and all the posts may not be in, but it looks like Vicky is going to have to declare the Greater Chicago Area as the Mead Capital of the World! :o
Kinda looks that way, doesn't it? While I know that there are more meadmakers here in Colorado (Hey, guys!! Get around to posting your locations so we can see more push-pins along the front range!) I don't think we'd catch up to Chicagoland even if everyone posted from here.

sandman
02-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Now Wayne, you know it's not the quantity of mead makers in an area. It's the quality of the meads being made. ;D

Kee
02-10-2009, 12:06 AM
And now that Greenie's gone, even the quantity in the area is down.

Medsen Fey
03-31-2009, 03:52 PM
I see there are 99 members posted on the member map. Now wait, before this becomes a new drinking song, I'm just saying that there should be some special recognition for the 100th member location posted. ;D

What do we give to the 100th map poster?

And who shall it be?

wildoates
03-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Awwww, heck. I should have waited to be #100. I coulda got a prize!

Oskaar
03-31-2009, 09:07 PM
I see there are 99 members posted on the member map. Now wait, before this becomes a new drinking song, I'm just saying that there should be some special recognition for the 100th member location posted. ;D

What do we give to the 100th map poster?

And who shall it be?

Howzabout a penicillin shot and a nice jar of peanut butter! :D

akueck
05-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Is there a way to update my little pin color? With my awesome promotion I'd like to have the bling on the map that goes with it. ;)

Oskaar
05-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Funny thing that! You'll need to delete and re-do. Haven't found a way to update. Hazards of freeware!

Pete

sandman
05-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I just relocated myself. It's not current just yet, but it'll be within a few km of my new location. I'll update it again at a later time.

Movin' on baby!!
:cheers:

Gardenfish
05-05-2009, 10:05 PM
I was at Ramstein in 77-78. Nice country. Every little town bar/tavern seems to have its own homebrew. You should enjoy that.

Gardenfish

capoeirista13
05-06-2009, 12:49 AM
what do the pin colors mean?

akueck
05-06-2009, 01:57 AM
There is a key below the map. Basically each subgroup gets a color. (Registered, Patron, Premium Patron, Admin, etc) So you can stalk the folks with the colored pins of your choice, of course.

Medsen Fey
05-06-2009, 09:06 AM
I notice Yo Momma's pin is in the middle of the North Atlantic. Either he's on a cruise or he's forgotten that "No man is an island." ;D

Beertracker
05-06-2009, 11:22 AM
I guess my location on the Frontier Strip is now revealed. My hope is that other mutants don't come seeking to destroy me for my powers! :eek:

sandman
05-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey, it's still better than being in Flint (or MI in general) lately. At least out there he can fish for his food.
::Just kidding Yo:: ;D

I notice Yo Momma's pin is in the middle of the North Atlantic. Either he's on a cruise or he's forgotten that "No man is an island." ;D

wildoates
05-12-2009, 09:10 PM
There is a key below the map. Basically each subgroup gets a color. (Registered, Patron, Premium Patron, Admin, etc) So you can stalk the folks with the colored pins of your choice, of course.

The only thing wrong with the pins is that Patron is RED, and red is evil.

I shoulda stayed a blue "registered member."

Hmmmpf. :)

akueck
05-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Evil? Nah, red is for passion!

wildoates
05-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Man, I went to Cal...my blood runs blue, baby.

:wav:

We need some more California pins on that map. Big state, and all that.

8)