• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Board Transition, lost posts, etc.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hi Everybody!

I hope this New Year brings happiness, prosperity, good fortune and joy to you all!

Many of you know that we experienced a problem with the old YABB forums and, as a result have moved to this board. You're also aware that there have been more than a few posts that have disappeared during the transition to this forum.

I wanted to make a couple of points here about the the information that was lost or may have been lost. I know Vicky is working herself into an early grave trying to get the situation straightened out. I've been helping where appropriate along with some other folks as well. I'd like to ask those of you who are cruising around the forums to PM (Private Message) me if you spot something that seems out of whack, or if there is a post that you think was lost.

I've seen a few comments around the different discussion threads about lost posts, or can't find this or that. So far I've been able to find most of the information alluded to as being lost simply by typing in one or two keywords in the search function. I bring this up because it is such an easy tool to use, and empowers the board members to at least verify that the information is no longer available and was probably lost either before or during the conversion and migration to this new board.

I ask that you take the time to type in a couple of words into the search tool for these forums, and see what kind of information that comes back. If there are no hits, then chance are the information is gone. The good news is that we are working on recovering more information. The bad news is that we probably won't be able to recover it all.

I also ask that if you are someone who remembers what the thread was about, or are the originator of the post(s) in question that you consider posting the information again. I know it's a pain in the ass, but it would be tremendously helpful, as well as informative. It would also take some stress of of Vicky and the others who are donating their time, effort and ideas to this forum for love of the craft of Meadmaking, and a firm committment to this community. They don't get paid for it, and yet they keep doing whatever they can to improve the situation and make this the premier spot for the home meadmaker on the web.

Thanks for your time and consideration, and sorry to get long and windy,

Oskaar (Pete)

Talon

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 8, 2004
Oskaar and Vicky,

You two do soo much in trying to make sure things are up and running and in working order for us. Thanks to both of you! Especially Vicky for her long hours of devoted care to ensuring our home on the web.

Talon.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns