PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Email App

jab
01-09-2005, 06:59 PM
So what is everyone's favorite? I currently use Thunderbird. I think I actually liked Evolution better but I have given up on Gnome for the time being so I gave up on Evolution as well. I also use SquirrelMail for webmail. I use ELM from the commandline if I am forced into that.

If I have left off any important options PM me and I think I can add them after the fact.

Oskaar
01-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Thunderbird all the way and Firefox as a browser.

The one thing I've found with thunderbird is that the filters could be a little more flexible, and it needs a good solid integrated calendar.

Cheers,

Oskaar

jab
01-09-2005, 07:32 PM
It's coming.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/

Patience grasshopper.

I agree though. I really like how the Mozilla group has split everything out into it's separate components. However, as far as Thunderbird goes I think they went a little too far by splitting out the calendar. Looks like they are planning on merging it back in though.

Ranna
01-29-2005, 02:29 PM
I guess I use Thunderbird, though really it's the Mozilla Mail client, though I may switch to Firefox/Thunderbird/Sunbird. My excuse used to be that I used ChatZilla, and so I needed the whole bundle, but now I've been reduced to "ctrl-2 is easier than starting thunderbird". I guess the real reason is that I've been with Mozilla for several years, and I'm too stubborn to change :o)