PDA

View Full Version : If you have trouble with attachments....

webmaster
01-27-2005, 10:27 AM
I've finally fixed the permissions on attachments. If you've had trouble viewing attachments, you shouldn't now if you're a member.

Sorry guys, but this forum is fab, it's so flexible, but that also means there are about a million things to tweak. I'm still finding them! If you have troubles with the forum, let me know, ok?

Vicky

FlaJoe
01-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Vickie,
I am able to log on and read and post with a new profile as FlaJoe but my profile Jmattioli will log me on but not allow me to view posts. It said I do not have permision. Same problem on 2 computers running XP here in Fla. I can also view posts as a guest but not as Jmattioli on either computer. Been unable for about a month now. Have all the latest rev's of XP
Joe

JamesP
01-27-2005, 06:44 PM
I don't seem to be able to search for members, view members or anything to do with finding other people on the board, from the "Members List" link on the Forum home page.

Maybe others have this problem?

jab
01-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Yeah the members list has never worked for me either.

There was also a link someone posted that would show you all the categories with recent/unread posts but that one didn't work as well.

Oskaar
01-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Those are a couple of the items that Vicky and I are noodling on, and hope to have solved soon, along with what we can retrieve of the lost posts.

Thanks for the heads up,

Cheers,

Oskaar

webmaster
01-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Memberlists: should work now, the default for users shown per page defaults to '0', which gives an error. Its reset now.

Joe: Your old id has exactly the same permissions as the new one. I'm guessing you have Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2? That might be causing the problem, or you might have a backlevel version of Java (which is not a windows download). Windows XP SP2 is a major mess, and causes lots of problems. If you can view/post,/etc. with your new id, I'm guessing you created it *after* having the latest XP stuff put in.

Let me know,

Vicky

webmaster
01-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Joe, I went walking through the database, and somehow your old ID had a code of '20' where everyone else was '0'. I have *no* idea how it got changed. I changed it back. Log in on your old address, and see if you can post, etc. now.

Vicky

Jmattioli
01-31-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks Vicky,
That did it.... Was the profile after all.
Good to be back,
Joe

jab
01-31-2005, 12:55 PM
Welcome back Joe!

Talon
01-31-2005, 01:24 PM
Yes! Welcome back! You've been missed!