PDA

View Full Version : Caving to the pressure

Oskaar
03-03-2005, 04:48 PM
OK folks,

Due to overwhelming demand, Smeagol/Gollum is back as my avatar. It seems the Jackal just didn't go over as well as good ole Gollum. Keep those cards and letters coming.

Cheers,

Oskaar

jab
03-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Tricksey we is...aren't we preciouss.

Pewter_of_Deodar
03-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Oskaar,

While I have no idea what you look like in person, to me you will always look like Gollum until I meet you. The return to his picture is welcome even though I resisted the urge to lobby for it. I just couldn't relate to the other one...

Pewter

David Baldwin
03-04-2005, 07:23 PM
It is good to see your familiar avatar face again. :D

Along the lines of speculation as to your actual resemblence to Smeagol, I have only one comment.

I do not in ANY way resemble my own avatar!!!!

David

Norskersword
03-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Both of Oscaar's avatars have one thing in common, that same rascally smile. I associate him with that! ;D

Oskaar
03-04-2005, 08:24 PM
My last girlfriend said that whenever I got that rascally smile on my face, she wondered what kind of trouble we were going to get into next. :D

Dan McFeeley
03-07-2005, 04:49 AM
My last girlfriend said that whenever I got that rascally smile on my face, she wondered what kind of trouble we were going to get into next. :D

Hmmm . . . as a red headed nymph, this may have been mutual. ;D

BTW -- my 7 year old daughter thanks you for the avatar change. She was looking over my shoulder as I was scrolling through GotMead posts, saw the vampire face and said she didn't like it.

I keep her away whenever I'm looking at Dave Baldwin's posts. ;D

jab
03-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Heh, yeah I try to stay away from David's posts at work. Though I was never outright told it was inappropriate I did get a somewhat shocked (:o) look from my managers face when you came over to ask a question and I was on one of his posts.

Since I don't have a meadery to fall back on I figure at work at least I had better play it safe. And now since I can't seem to connect from work that problem is solved!

David Baldwin
03-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Having read the recent posts, I decided to change my avatar. I really don't want anyone to have to worry about their wife, daughter, boss, etc seeing something less than appropriate on screen.

Thanks for the honest input. I really don't want to offend anyone with the "warrior babe" avatar.

No need to stay away from my posts anymore ;D Maybe now I can let my wife see what I'm posting. ;D ;D ;D

Jmattioli
03-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Oskaar,
I think a picture of Fredd would make a good Avatar for you. LOL
After all, a man and his dog share much in common in looks.
Joe

Pewter_of_Deodar
03-08-2005, 01:33 PM
JMat,

I'd agree with you but I doubt that Fredd druels as much as Oskaar does...

With a grin,
Pewter

jab
03-08-2005, 11:26 PM
After all, a man and his dog share much in common in looks.

Isn't that bordering on animal cruelty Joe? I mean come on he is just a poor defenseless dog!

:P :P :P

Sorry Oskaar! ;)