• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

"Man's Best Friend" . . .

Barrel Char Wood Products

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Well, keeping this non gender specific, humanity's best friend.

We have two dogs, both are "rescue hounds." One from our local humane society, the other my wife found in an alley when he was barely one month old. What I find fascinating is their different reactions to "the creature," as the Irish put it. The older dog turns her nose up at anything alcoholic. The younger one, the "alley pup," loves beer and has his preferences. Yes, Guinness is his favorite. He gets excited, licks his chops so hard his jaws pop, whenever I crack one open. Note to animal lovers -- I give him no more than 1/4 cup, about a quick slosh in a saucer. No more than that!

So . . . how many of you dip a finger in a glass of mead and offer it to your dog? Mine even likes my capsimels. ;D

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Never trust a dog that turns their nose up at mead or beer. My dog just looked at me funny like I was trying to poison him or something. I figured he just didn't like the stuff. But nooooooooooooooooooo!

He was just trying to lull me into thinking that he wasn't interested in booze of any kind. Then, out of the blue, I come home to this!

http://207.5.69.177/OMsoftnet/busted.jpg

A house full of bitches (mostly long legged Afgans and Poodles) and some of my best bottles of wine and bubbly emptied. Luckily they didn't get into my humidor (big wooden box in the right corner below my pewter St. George and the Dragon Stein)

Needless to say he's fetching the evening news and my slippers, and for that matter anything else I want and he's grounded for life! LOL

cheers,

Oskaar

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
I poured cap full of Samuel Adams for my ferret. He licked the cap dry, and then ran off with his "beer mug" stashing it with his favorite stolen treasures.

He doesn't get my mead... Maybe that's where my Ancient Orange went...

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Oskaar -- I showed my 7 yr old daughter the "busted" jpeg of your dog and she has a question for you:

----------------------------------------------------------

Oskaar what is your dog's name?

-- Rachel

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hi Rachel!

My dog's name is pFreddeye (the "p" is silent like in swim)

His AKC name is "Oskaar's Manfreid der Wunderhundt" He's an eleven year old German Shorthaired Pointer that still likes to go hunting for pheasant, quail, chukkar, grouse and any other game I like to shoot and eat!

pFredd wanted me to send another picture with a big smile especially for Rachel so here's the link:

http://207.5.69.177/omsoftnet/pFredd_00.jpg

cheers,

Oskaar

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Thanks Oskaar -- pFreddeye's picture is hanging up on the refrigerator.

Nice picture, but I think this poor dog is looking into the camera saying "Aw c'mon Oskaar. Pleeease share some with me." ;D

Doc76

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 5, 2005
Man I have 2 dogs and none of them like alcohol but I have a double yellow heades parrot and man what an alchie. She squawks and screams evertime we crack a bottle. She can also mimic a bottle of berr being opened and poured.

Doc76

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Dude,

That last one is hilarious! LOL

My dog does that all the time!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Skinner

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 21, 2004
I have a little shitizu that loves Red wine, wont touch my beer, wont touch my mead, but he'l spin circles to have a lick of red.
Its great knowing he also has his own taste preference. Though he does have a fond liking for the horse buisness in our field. :-\

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Kind of brings a whole new meaning to the word "fiber" doesn't it!

I sure hope you don't let him lick your fact :p

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns