PDA

View Full Version : Who else is slipping by? :-)

Dan McFeeley
03-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Ancient Joe may have almost gotten away with quietly passing the 600 post mark, but Oskaar passed 1,000 posts some time ago without anyone rasing a cheer. Better congratulate him quick! At the rate he's going he'll pass 2,000 before anyone realizes it. ;D

Trying to count Oskaar's posts -- why does Heraclitus' analogy of the river come to mind? ;D ;D ;D

Oskaar
03-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Ah, good old Heraclitus! My favorite pre-Socratic philosopher/scientist from the Ionian Enlightenment era. His observations were gems.

I have a book called The Ancient Whacks of Heraclitus by Roger Von Oech that is great. It's chock full of his aphorisms, along with great tips on creativity and thinking outside the rectangle.

It's an integral part of my management library.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers!

Oskaar

Jmattioli
03-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Yes , but there is one thing different about Oskaar. He will be able to make it to 2000 without repeating himself because of his tremendous wealth of knowledge in ALL areas. I am amazed at his veritable endless tidbits and grasp of areas that are for me unchartered. I've been tripping over myself for the last 200 posts. Hence the difference between a well and a spring, Oskaar being the latter.
Joe

Oskaar
03-22-2005, 04:50 PM
D'oh.

Thanks for the kind words, but let's face it. Until the caffeine hits me in the morning I'm a talkin' monkey!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Pewter_of_Deodar
03-22-2005, 05:53 PM
1000 Oskaars on typewriters and God only knows what we'd get... ::)

jab
03-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Until the caffeine hits me in the morning I'm a talkin' monkey!

Kneel good Sir! With a tap of this sword I dub thee Sir Mead Monkey, lord of the queens bees.

Norskersword
03-23-2005, 01:43 AM
You mean his knowledge combined with his great skills of hot air! Did you know awile back he once set out to respond to every single post on the forum? He told me so!

He is a master at thinking of what to say! ;D

Dan McFeeley
03-23-2005, 06:17 AM
1000 Oskaars on typewriters and God only knows what we'd get... ::)

10,000 or more mead recipes. Each one different. :D