• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Who else is slipping by? :-)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Ancient Joe may have almost gotten away with quietly passing the 600 post mark, but Oskaar passed 1,000 posts some time ago without anyone rasing a cheer. Better congratulate him quick! At the rate he's going he'll pass 2,000 before anyone realizes it. ;D

Trying to count Oskaar's posts -- why does Heraclitus' analogy of the river come to mind? ;D ;D ;D

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Ah, good old Heraclitus! My favorite pre-Socratic philosopher/scientist from the Ionian Enlightenment era. His observations were gems.

I have a book called The Ancient Whacks of Heraclitus by Roger Von Oech that is great. It's chock full of his aphorisms, along with great tips on creativity and thinking outside the rectangle.

It's an integral part of my management library.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers!

Oskaar

Jmattioli

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Yes , but there is one thing different about Oskaar. He will be able to make it to 2000 without repeating himself because of his tremendous wealth of knowledge in ALL areas. I am amazed at his veritable endless tidbits and grasp of areas that are for me unchartered. I've been tripping over myself for the last 200 posts. Hence the difference between a well and a spring, Oskaar being the latter.
Joe

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
D'oh.

Thanks for the kind words, but let's face it. Until the caffeine hits me in the morning I'm a talkin' monkey!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004
You mean his knowledge combined with his great skills of hot air! Did you know awile back he once set out to respond to every single post on the forum? He told me so!

He is a master at thinking of what to say! ;D

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns