• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Top Posters

Barrel Char Wood Products

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Hey they are, the top posters, at the time of this writing. Hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Sorry about the alignment -- couldn't get everything nice and straight.

Oskaar 1276
Jmattioli 609
Vickie Rowe 388
Pewter_of_Deodar 381
WikdWaze 347
Jab 321
Norskersword 309
ThirstyViking 262
Dan McFeeley 235
David Baldwin 225
ScottS 217
JoeM 216
JamesP 158
Suzy_Q_MeadFaerie 114
GntlKnght 102

GntlKnght

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 9, 2004
Has anyone heard from ThirstyViking lately?

I don't think I've seen him post anything in a few months! Hope all is well with him.

Whteknght

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 25, 2004
I guess I lurk and read and learn more than I post. But this is a great board, I have learned a lot from our top posters.

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Keep in mind that numbers aren't everything. I believe Wickedwaze had several hundred posts before he pitched his first batch...

But then he knew what he was doing REALLY well by then because of his participation here. ;D

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
My excuse is that I live on this forum! ;D

Actually, my laptop is almost always on and by my elbow when I'm at my desk, so I am almost always logged in to the forum.

I think I've learned 95% of what I know about mead right here on this forum and through Ken Schram's book. All of you ladies and gentlemen have been a wealth of knowledge.

Thank you.

David

toolboxdiver

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 3, 2005
toolboxdiver.tripod.com
David Baldwin said:
My excuse is that I live on this forum! ;D

Actually, my laptop is almost always on and by my elbow when I'm at my desk, so I am almost always logged in to the forum.

I think I've learned 95% of what I know about mead right here on this forum and through Ken Schram's book. All of you ladies and gentlemen have been a wealth of knowledge.

Thank you.

David

I must agree I have learned so much since I found this board, and must give a great big thanks to all the veterans here, who help out all who seek to make a better mead

Talon

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 8, 2004
I'm right there with you, toolboxdiver. I've learned so much more since joining here that I haven't enough honey to start batches to experiment with! For experimental batches, my wife and I have decided that nothing less than 3 gallons simply because, if we like it, we'll have enough to have for a while!

ancjr

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 7, 2005
I've progressed from making messes to making mead while I've been here. Thanks guys! :D

Geoffrey Johnson

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 29, 2005
Echoing the last couple of posts, this site-forum is an outstanding source for everything Mead, and then some. I know that I have learned so much about not just making mead, but better understanding the art of keeping yeasties happy so that they will make good alcohol-- be it beer, wine, or mead. Thanks again for all the advice, for sharing your experiences so that we all can learn!

Ganbei!
Geoffrey

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns