04-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Mark it on your calendar now...

On Tuesday, May 17th, the NYCHG will be holding its annual mead
meeting. Our guest speaker will be Paul Holm, president and head
meadist of the Long Island meadery. As in the past, mead makers from
all around gathered here to exchange meads, recipes and just plain
talk about mead.

At last year's meeting, over 6,200 different meads were sampled (I
might be wrong here. I lost count after twenty).

The meeting will take place at Brewsky's, located at 41 East Seventh
Street, between 2nd and 3rd avenues. Starting time is 7:30pm.

Bring your friends. Bring your mead. New members are always welcome.

Phil
======
visit the New York City Homebrewers Guild website:
http://www.hbd.org/nychg

toolboxdiver
04-04-2005, 08:44 AM
That sounds very interesting I may have to take a trip to NY and check it out, Thanks for the tip

Oskaar
04-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Hey Phil!

Long time no see! How you been!

Cheers,

Oskaar

dogglebe
04-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Been keeping busy of late, between trying to go all grain with the beer and trying to get my writing career off the ground. I recently bottled a cyser I like so much, I'm going to have make it again. I used apple blossom honey and some freshly pressed juice from New Jersey.

I'll be bringing the cyser to thte guild meeting and atleast two other meads: my pumpkin honey mead and a raspberry melomel (which I haven't bottled yet).

Phil

Oskaar
04-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Best of luck on the writing career. That pumpkin sounds great. Wish I was going to be in the NY area at that time!

Cheers,

Oskaar

dogglebe
05-02-2005, 03:33 PM
On Tuesday, May 17th, the NYCHG will be holding its fifth annual mead meeting. Our guest speaker will be Paul Holm, president and head meadist of the Long Island meadery. As in the past, mead makers from
all around gathered here to exchange meads, recipes and just plain talk about mead. Donations from the Redstone Meadery in Boulder, Colorado, will also be available for sampling.

At last year's meeting, over 6,200 different meads were sampled (I might be wrong here. I lost count after twenty).

The meeting will take place at Brewsky's, located at 41 East Seventh Street, between 2nd and 3rd avenues. Starting time is 7:30pm.

Bring your friends. Bring your mead. New members are always welcome.

Phil