• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

The problem with Oskaar's posts . . .

Barrel Char Wood Products

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
. . . is that he's going at a rate of about 13 every day. The recent posts log for the GotMead forums only shows the most recent ten posts and of course, includes other posters. That means much of his daily output doesn't show in this section.

Oskaar posts some really great stuff, but if you're lazy like me and only look at the most recent posts log to see what's going on, you'll miss a lot of what he's saying. It's best to click on the individual forums (and I've *got* to start doing this :) ) to really get an idea of the GotMead conversations.

ScottS

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 12, 2003
www.slezakfarms.com
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm finding that the response time is just too slow for me to browse through every forum. I'd love to, but the latest 10 is about all I can handle.

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004
Another thing that is funny is that if you go to any other brew or mead forum, you will always see a post by him. ;)

jeebeel

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 22, 2004
Dan's right. Oskaar is a prolific and excellent poster. Tons of good info for beginners and veteran mazers. And very patient - if you really browse the forums and old posts, you'll find that our good Smeagol has often answered the same questions more than a few times.

Thanks and cheers Oskaar!

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
I don't want to leave out Ancient Joe, our second top poster. Joe's posting average got thrown off by an unplanned hiatus from the forums, but he's also a frequent contributor and helps out with a lot of great info.

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
And let us not forget the honorable Dan McFeeley, whose posts are informative, often scholarly, yet always accessible. I say "Wassail!" to all three -- where would the rest of us poor Gotmead mutts be without them?!

-David

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Here's why we'll never catch up to Oskaar's # of postings... Oskaar makes a post every 6.64 minutes he's on the forum (gleaned from his stats) and I suspect he visits every forum board with a new post multiple times a day, so as not to miss the other topics that might have been posted as well... then he responds to them all.

I think it's one of three things...
1. A deep seated need to be loved & accepted.;)
2. An Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.???
3. Just a predilection for having the last word.::)

Time will tell.

Wrathwilde

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
I'd put it down to being a quick and prolific writer. Another forum I hang out on, Chiff and Fipple, features several posters with totals of 4,000, 5,000 and even 6,000 posts. :eek: Oskaar's got a ways to go to catch up with that group!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns