• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Who Is Avatarzan, Who Is Jane?

Barrel Char Wood Products

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
Who Is Avatarzan, Who Is Jane?

Salvatore U. Tations,

My vote for the best three avatars on Gotmead (Oskaar doesn't count, 'cause he has his own thread: http://www.gotmead.com/smf/index.php/topic,623.0.html):

1.) Wrathwilde -- love the new look, dahling

2.) Miriam -- liked "Don't mess with the mead Bubeh" bettah

3.) Dan McFeely -- C'mon, Who can resist the Doctor?

What's yers, ya'll?

-David

Miriam

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Feb 2, 2005
Re: Who Is Avatarzan, Who Is Jane?

You liked the Mead Bubeh better? I thought the present line was funny, but if you like the Mead Bubeh, I'll bring her back.

Miriam, the Mead Bubeh

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com

Thanks for the support, the first was from an old 8x10 poster that originally said I Want You for good old Hanky-Panky, Modified in Photo Shop "to make mead" I needed something quick when I registered.

I felt, on reflection, that the Image of Aunt Sam(antha?) might not be the best image for a male forum member.

I felt that the Satyr was much more fitting and will be featured on my bottle labels as " Satyr's Own " varieties of Mead. Plus it's less objectionable than my other Satyr Images.

Wrathwilde

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com

As far as favorites (that are not Oskaar)

I like, in no particular order, David Baldwins shield, JamesP's large wine glasses (for humor), and being a Satyr... MeadMage999's fetching pose.
Your's is one of the nicest father child portraits I have ever seen... and I've taken a lot of portraits in my time, but too wholesome for me to make the top three. ;)

Wrathwilde

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC

David Baldwin had the best one for a long time, but, in consideration for children and family viewers he changed it.

Dan McFeeley - the Doc Rocks!

ScottS - Just call me paranoid! LOL

Cheers,

Oskaar

Lagerman64

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 17, 2003
NY

Just changed my avatar, need a better picture with my mead horn ;D Picked it up at Tap NY last April, it's a bute, although they had one I liked better, but the pewter stand was attached to it, drag :( Not looking for the title, I just like the picture ;)

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004

Lagerman,

Please post a close-up pic of your horn! ;D

-David

Lagerman64

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 17, 2003
NY

Here's another shot ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004

Ooooh...sweet! I mean, real nice! How much can it hold?

-David

Lagerman64

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 17, 2003
NY

Never checked out the volume before, 24 ounces :eek:, work's for me :D. Now that it's full, I'm obliged to drink it. ;)

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004

Bartender, I'll have what the man on the floor was drinking! :D

-David

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns