• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Picture Time

Barrel Char Wood Products

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004
I'm surprised I havn't seen a thread like this on this forum before. Anybody have any pics to share? Heres mine. In particular, I'd like to see Oscaar's brewstation he has mentioned.

ca.jpg

I really like this pic. The labels have a CA theme with California Poppies.

various.jpg

The result of alot of experimentation. I obviously didn't know how to cork them. Left to right: Raspberry Blossom Traditional, Traditional, Traditional, Strawberry Mel, Peach Mel

pyment.jpg

This pyment would have exploded if I didn't punch it down...

leo.jpg

He likes beer too!

You guys have any pics?

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
Urbanraven,

Once your cyser clears, but before you bottle it, post a picture of it with the lights turned low and with the lava lamp shining through it. Too cool! 8)

-David

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I like posting pictures of what I'm working on, but I'm kinda gunshy about posting pictures of the meadworx on the web. Long story, nuff said.

The bottles look great Norsk!

Raven, what was your Cyser recipe? Looks like the color is kinda light compared to most of the Cysers I've made. Are you going for dry or sweet?

Lemme know,

Oskaar

toolboxdiver

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 3, 2005
toolboxdiver.tripod.com
The Bottles look great Norskerword, I'll take a few pics of mine and post them when i get the film developed. Raven the cyser looks good be patient...lol, it will be worth it

urbanraven

NewBee
Registered Member
May 24, 2005
www.ilovecynics.com
Oskaar said:
Raven, what was your Cyser recipe? Looks like the color is kinda light compared to most of the Cysers I've made. Are you going for dry or sweet?

I'm using the "Simple Cyser" recipe found HERE. Very basic. I would have liked to use local Alaska Fireweed honey, but the one person I knew who made it has moved out of the state. :( That's a much more dark and flavorful honey than the off-the-shelf SueBee I wound up using.

I'm going to hit the farmers market this weekend to see if anyone has stepped up to the plate to take over the fireweed honey business.

I'm shooting for a semi-sweet cyser, though I'm so new at this I'm not sure what I'll end up with. ;)

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hey Raven,

If you used 3.5 - 4 lbs of honey you'll get your semi-sweet to sweet. Less than that and it will be more on the dry side.

Would you post your recipe and ongoing comments in the brewlog please. That is normally where we get to see all the neat photos of everyones batches in progress.

Cheers,

Oskaar

melw

NewBee
Registered Member
May 5, 2005
Here is a pic of my bottel of Joe's Ancient Orange. I started it on 5/14/05.
ancient_orange_1.jpg

Looks like it has started to clear and the air lock has slowed way down.
Mel W.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
OK Folks!

Great pictures.

But . . . and there's always a but! These photos and stuff should be put in the brewlog so people know where to look, and can navigate the site with an expectation that they will be able to find on topic stuff.

So, tomorrow I will move this thread to the brewlog. Please make a note so you won't think the thread has vanished!

thanks all,

Oskaar

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Oskaar,

Have to disagree since the pictures are related to brewing/mead in general and not any single batch.

It would be nice if everyone posted pictures of their batches or bottled results with their brewlog, but a composite group of pictures like this actually belongs more in the social area (The Hive).

JMHO,
Pewter

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004
Hey Oscaar,

Go ahead and move the thread if you like, no argument here. However I think pictures can be fun and there should be more threads like this devoted to them. I don't think pictures should be limited to a recipe thread.

Guess I'm too lazy to post recipes that I'm not sure will turn out good. As for these, it's too early to tell. But I did want to share the pictures.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Pewter and Norsk,

How about I speak to Vicky about a "Show Us Your Pics" where you can post photos of whatever you like (within reason that is). The hive was basically a place to discuss off-topic/semi-on-topic stuff, a photo thread would be easy to find and pretty much open to whatever you wanted to post.

Caveats would be the size of photo both in pixels and bytes. Mostly it would be good to have smaller photos that wouldn't throw off the margins and invoke the autoscroll feature on most browsers. If the photos are going to be super large it would be better to link to them so we don't chew unnecessary resource on the gotmead.com server.

I'll see what Vicky thinks!

Cheers,

Oskaar

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
Geez after all these pic's i feel like i really need to think about labels for my bottles. They just look so plain now.

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Oskaar,

Sounds good to me. I just didn't want to see us forcing all the pics into the Brewlog section...

Now I just have to figure out how to download my camera...

Have a great weekend,
Pewter

Lagerman64

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 17, 2003
NY
Happiness is a full fermentation room ;) Well almost full ;D Will be past capacity when I'm done cutting and blending :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns