PDA

View Full Version : Mynx's Brewery

Mynx
06-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Well, I have no mead going at the moment (!!! A travesty I know!!) But I do have a picture of my latest batch of stout.

Note: This is what made me realize that my cat (Nigel) is fat :-\

http://members.shaw.ca/rbayles/DV/Nigel%20and%20his%20Ale.JPG

Oskaar
06-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Wow, I've never seen a fermentation vessel with a fur coat! LOL

Minxie, that cat is HUGE! Gaaak, I'm crackin' up!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Mynx
06-13-2005, 02:59 AM
He's on a diet too!!! I just cant make him get skinnier :-[

lostnbronx
06-13-2005, 03:18 AM
Mynx,

Your stout looks beautiful! Your cat looks bountiful! We've had several fat cats. I'd like to build a large, enclosed and motorized mouse wheel-type thing, with a timer, that people could put their fatso felines in and set for, say, five or ten minutes at a time. Then it would spin at a moderate but steady pace, and the cats would have to walk to keep up with it. It'd give kitty a non-strenuous workout that would burn calories if used on a daily basis. I could do infomercials with this, and get, I dunno, Garfield or some other washed-up feline star (Julie Newmar?) to hawk it.

I'm afraid your cat, like mine, needs to be on a "lite mead" diet. ;D

-David

Mynx
06-13-2005, 11:19 AM
That's it!! He's not fat! He's bountiful! ;)

And the funny thing is, Nigel (the cat) is a bit of a spaz, so he actually spends alot of time racing around the house at high speeds, yowling. You'd *think* that'd burn some calories!! ???

The stout is a beautiful one. So tasty. Not bad for only my second batch ;)

Tsuchi
06-13-2005, 10:07 PM
My Fuzz ball of a cat got like that to so i got him a tabby friend to chase and started feeding a top notch food like wysong or inova a 1/4 c twice daily he bitched endless ly but the combo helped him trim down some.. hes not a lean cat by any means hes just a solid orange tom but i'd like to keep him around for a good while longer and he's much happier now that he can jump and run and tear ass like the kitten he used to be. :)
He sounds liek hes got the energy just try the often feedings of quality food for a while.. they dont need much ! adjust as you see changes in the ole boy...

Mynx
06-13-2005, 11:22 PM
Both he and my other cat (malcholm) are on a diet of Iams Indoor fat cat food. PRoblem is, Nigel snarffles up what malcholm leaves ;)

Brewbear
06-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Hi Mynx,
Cute cat :). When I put Cheyenne on a diet, she would wait for me at the gate when I got home from work and walk away when I'd go to pet her :-\. She kept this up until I bribed her with 1 red apple. She is down to 140 lbs. :o Besides, Nigel isn't fat, he's crouching :-[

Have fun
Ted

David Baldwin
06-24-2005, 12:00 PM
When seeking out a high quality diet cat food for our tubby tabbies, I found a "senior active" formula. The clerk asked what I was looking for. I told her I was looking for either a "senior sedentary" or "old, fat, and lazy" formula.

Our tabbies are very much the same general shape as Nigel. Our black and white "tuxedo" cat is perfectly trim. I seriously wonder if the tabbies are somewhat prone to the "love handles"

Mynx
06-24-2005, 01:28 PM
That might be David. My other cat is a champagne tabby, and while he is a monster, he's not fat. He's just a big damn cat. I think Nigel's "bounty" is more a byproduct of being an indoor cat than anything. That and having a hoover vacuum in his ancestry! ::)