• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

What did you brew this weekend?

Barrel Char Wood Products

briankettering

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 2, 2005
After spending most of the day Saturday tasting a wide range of amazing meads and wines (as well as a marvelous raspberry vinegar), I spent all of Sunday brewing.

I put together a 5 gallon batch of cider using five gallons of different types of apple juice, a 5 gallon all-grain sweet stout, a gallon of lemon wine, and a gallon of fermented apricots.

What did you brew this weekend? :D

Brian K

Miriam

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Feb 2, 2005
On Sunday, two gallons of apricot wine. Am now looking for a recipe for apricot melomel. Peach melomel planned for later today.

Miriam

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
A 1 gallon batch of 100% Blue agave wine, 3 gallon batch of Purple sage / Peanut Butter mead, 3 gallon batch of Buckwheat /current mead and 6 gallons of Avocado / Breakfast tea.

byathread

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 8, 2005
Boulder County, CO
A busy weekend of brewing... though more brew chores than actual brewing. Let's see, over the course of the weekend I brewed a 5 gallon batch of Belgian Trippel ale and 1 gallon of Joe's Quick Grape Mead. I also racked my 5 gallons of Orange Blossom mead onto its second layer of oak, racked a 1 gallon batch of Oskaar's Spicey Cyser (man I'm already regretting not brewing a bigger batch), racked a 1 gallon batch of mead onto 2.2 lbs of raspberries. Also need to rack 2 more 1 gallon batches today (a spiced currant mead and a date mead).

Also (now that I'm loaded down on honey) some traditional meads in the works: Huajillo, Avocado, Sage blossom. Love is all you mead. :D

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
More tending than brewing this weekend. Racked my IPA into secondary, and my 1 gallon tester mead (will be almond eventually).

Was going to do another batch of my Gigalo Elf Oatmeal Stout on Sunday, but it turned into a lazy play-EQ2-in-my-housecoat day ;) The stout'll happen Tuesday or Thursday this week.

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Duhhh!! Nothn' .... I was looking for carboys...Not really, I was in Big Bear teaching worms how to swim :-\
I found the carboys today along with a corny keg ;D
Besides, I want to wait for the new moon, I can use all the help. I found this link for lunar phases http://imagiware.com/astro/moon.cgi

Ted

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Brewbear,

I used to live in Lake Arrowhead, always loved the trip over to Big Bear. Haven't been there since '87 is it still an ultra small town or has it built up to mini city? There was a furniture store there with wonderful hand crafted natural wood furniture... looked like it came right out of the forest instead of out of a lumber mill. Is it still there do you know?

Wrathwilde

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Big Bear is building up. I usually end up in Fawnskin (I know a couple of girls who have a nice place there) and watch the eagles fish over at the little picnic area in between Fawnskin and Big Bear.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Big Bear is getting...well...BIG. The lake is back to normal, or at least close to it, the rain last winter helped. There are a few furniture shops now, but pricey :'(

Ted

Lagerman64

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 17, 2003
NY
Nothing :(, wife would have killed me if I did (daughter's high school graduation). Two down, one more to go :D

hedgehog

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 8, 2005
i bottled one micro-batch(1qt) of modified jasmine mead.. it was seriously harsh, but it was k1v fermented down to .995.. guess i should have known..
I also started a new 1 gallon batch of red tea mead. :)
I also finished off my last bottle of joe's ancient orange :(

Scott Horner

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jun 14, 2005
Well the Muse hit me over the head and I had a very productive weekend thanks to all you folks at the B3 event. I brewed up a Perry and some Sake ... there has to be some sort of sick connection there..

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns