PDA

View Full Version : Low alcohol yeast test picture(s)

Pewter_of_Deodar
06-28-2005, 12:41 AM
I've been waiting for a while to try and post a few pictures like this. This first one is a test with individual pictures of each batch to follow if I can manage to post this one...

[attachment deleted by admin]

jab
06-28-2005, 12:43 AM
*drool*

Is there a thread about this test in the brewlog? What yeasts did you use? Ales?

Pewter_of_Deodar
06-28-2005, 12:59 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think my brewlog for my tests survived when Gotmead got hacked. Oskaar's results for the same tests can be found at:

http://www.gotmead.com/smf/index.php/topic,650.0.html

The yeasts were low alcohol (12 to 14 percent ABV) wine/mead yeasts, not ale...

Sorry,
Pewter

jab
06-28-2005, 01:02 AM
Cool, thanks for the pics. I'll check out Oskaars results. Did you find your results to be about the same as his?

WRATHWILDE
06-28-2005, 01:17 AM
I can read the labels.

D-47, R-212, 71B-1112, Montrachet, Pasteur Red

Wrathwilde

Pewter_of_Deodar
06-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Cool, thanks for the pics. I'll check out Oskaars results. Did you find your results to be about the same as his?

Jab,

I have to chuckle a little bit. Oskaar has a very educated palette. I do NOT...

I believe that I got similar results to his but I certainly am not capable of producing the type of page long reviews that Oskaar posted. I generally know what tastes I am looking for (at least whether I like what I taste or not) and can rate things on a scale of 1 to 10. I am still not certain I know exactly what terms like "mouthfeel" mean. I have read enough to identify the four taste areas of the tongue and to know whether the batch triggers any of those taste areas. But beyond that.... well... things get confused...

Some time soon those of us that did the test are supposed to exchange samples. At that point I think Vicki and Oskaar will post reviews of the batches you see in the picture. I should take pictures of the finished product in the bottles...

But anyway, take a look at Oskaar's results...

Pewter

Pewter_of_Deodar
06-30-2005, 01:11 AM
Since the first one worked...

[attachment deleted by admin]