PDA

View Full Version : The Meadwench Posteth

Oskaar
07-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Holy cats!

I knew one day Vicky would snap and go post-al! LOL

OK Vicky, put down the loaded flagon of mead and step away from the computer!

LOL

cheers,

Oskaar

webmaster
07-04-2005, 01:11 AM
LOL....actually, except for one glass of the rosemary meth after I amended it with more honey, I haven't had any mead today! However, I *have* been imbibing in this great 'girlie' drink one of my cousins got me hooked on this trip home. It's coconut rum and orange juice with a splash of cranberry juice. Yummy!

Vicky - trying to make up for lost time

Oskaar
07-04-2005, 01:13 AM
Oh gawd! Please, tell me you don't have a . . . gulp . . . parasol in the glass! LOL

Cheers,

Oskaar

webmaster
07-04-2005, 01:28 AM
Nope. Just make it, drink it. Happens I like coconut rum (or any rum, for that matter). This was just a nice change. I'll be going back to rum & cokes, lemonade and vodka, and, of course, mead after the bottle is gone......

Vicky - trying hard to ignore the rose petals calling me from the freezer....::pitch me....pitch me::

Oskaar
07-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Hmmm,

My favorite summer hard alcohol drink is pink lemonade, Jack Daniels, and a sprig of bruised mint from the garden.

I also like collins mix and Jack, Jack and Coke, Meyer's Dark Rum and Coke with limoncito (Key Lime) which is called a Cuba Libre, and without lime is a Cuba Communista.

Swilling down some Rodney Strong Chalk Hill Chardonnay now. Nice and woody!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Miriam
07-04-2005, 03:04 AM
We used to call Cuba Libre "Mentirita".

Miriam

Greenblood
07-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Mojitos all summer long here!! Making them by the pitcher today. Happy 4th to all in the USA, and those who can not be here with us!

Ok, so a Cuban mojito may not be the official US Independence Day drink, but little else can hit the spot quite as well on a hot summer day.

The recipe for those unfamiliar with the Mojito:

Take 1-2 tbs of cane sugar, and 5-6 mint leaves and stems and muddle them in the bottom of a glass.
Fill glass with ice
Squeeze juice from 1/2 of a lime into glass
Add white rum till 3/4 full
Shake a few times and pour back into glass (do not strain)
Top up with soda
Garnish with a wedge of lime, and a sprig of mint
Enjoy!!

Greenblood