• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

The Meadwench Posteth

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Holy cats!

I knew one day Vicky would snap and go post-al! LOL

OK Vicky, put down the loaded flagon of mead and step away from the computer!

LOL

cheers,

Oskaar

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
LOL....actually, except for one glass of the rosemary meth after I amended it with more honey, I haven't had any mead today! However, I *have* been imbibing in this great 'girlie' drink one of my cousins got me hooked on this trip home. It's coconut rum and orange juice with a splash of cranberry juice. Yummy!

Vicky - trying to make up for lost time

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Oh gawd! Please, tell me you don't have a . . . gulp . . . parasol in the glass! LOL

Cheers,

Oskaar

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Nope. Just make it, drink it. Happens I like coconut rum (or any rum, for that matter). This was just a nice change. I'll be going back to rum & cokes, lemonade and vodka, and, of course, mead after the bottle is gone......

Vicky - trying hard to ignore the rose petals calling me from the freezer....::pitch me....pitch me::

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hmmm,

My favorite summer hard alcohol drink is pink lemonade, Jack Daniels, and a sprig of bruised mint from the garden.

I also like collins mix and Jack, Jack and Coke, Meyer's Dark Rum and Coke with limoncito (Key Lime) which is called a Cuba Libre, and without lime is a Cuba Communista.

Swilling down some Rodney Strong Chalk Hill Chardonnay now. Nice and woody!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Miriam

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Feb 2, 2005
We used to call Cuba Libre "Mentirita".

Miriam

Greenblood

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2004
Mojitos all summer long here!! Making them by the pitcher today. Happy 4th to all in the USA, and those who can not be here with us!

Ok, so a Cuban mojito may not be the official US Independence Day drink, but little else can hit the spot quite as well on a hot summer day.

The recipe for those unfamiliar with the Mojito:

Take 1-2 tbs of cane sugar, and 5-6 mint leaves and stems and muddle them in the bottom of a glass.
Fill glass with ice
Squeeze juice from 1/2 of a lime into glass
Add white rum till 3/4 full
Shake a few times and pour back into glass (do not strain)
Top up with soda
Garnish with a wedge of lime, and a sprig of mint
Enjoy!!

Greenblood

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns