PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Label Question

urbanraven
07-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Ok, I've seen lots of nice labels in here. I have decent software and have even produced a few. But I got a nasty suprise the other day. It's been downright humid here lately, and when I pulled a bottle out, condensation quickly formed on it. I learned a quick lesson.

My ink runs. :( Ok, I probably should have thought about that sooner. I'm using an HP Photojet printer printing to Avery labels. I'm guessing that's not a good setup. What are others using, and do you have this problem?

Oskaar
07-06-2005, 01:36 PM
I use photo paper for my labels. The ink doesn't run. The downside is cutting them.

I believe that there are labels that are high enough quality paper to hold the color, but I have not researched them. The only way that I know of to keep the color from running is to have the labels produced at Kinkos from a color file I send in to them via the web which I do when I'm bottling a large batch.

Hope that helps,

Oskaar

Dmntd
07-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Clear spray paint!

Anthony

Val
07-06-2005, 02:33 PM
If you use a laser printer, it shouldn't run.

If you must use an Ink/Bubblejet printer, you can get a "fixative" at art supply stores used for charcoal drawings and the like that should waterproof your labels.

Brewbear
07-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Actually, the new bubble jet printers ( tha ones using archival ink) do not "bleed" ink.
Epson and canon are among the manufacturers.

Ted

urbanraven
07-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Have a fixative I've used for art projects. Will give that a shot for the next time. :)