PDA

View Full Version : So... What do we look like?

Dmntd
07-08-2005, 10:40 AM
As I've read your post, I've started wondering what y'all look like, wanting to put a face to the name. Since we have an area here for photo's figured this would be the place for them.

I'll start it off.

Mynx
07-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Nice cauldron!

I'll have to find the URL for my pic...It's on the boy's computer and I'm at work :P

byathread
07-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Nice cauldron!

I was thinking the exact same thing. :D

It is a mighty fine cauldron!

Oskaar
07-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Nice cleavers! Mmmmm, lamb chops!

LOL,

Oskaar

Greenblood
07-08-2005, 01:18 PM
I am a fan of the utilikilt as well. I have been meaning to get one for sometime. ;D

urbanraven
07-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Me, shakin' the lastest batch of cyser.
http://www.urbanraven.com/pictures/cyser/shakeit.jpg

Dmntd
07-08-2005, 01:42 PM
I am a fan of the utilikilt as well. I have been meaning to get one for sometime. ;D

While I have a couple UK's, the one pictured was made to fit, by Pittsburge Kilts.

Anthony

Val
07-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Okay, why not?

Here's me:

http://employeepages.scad.edu/~rpashley/Val.jpg

Dan McFeeley
07-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Okay, why not?

Here's a link to my pic:

http://employeepages.scad.edu/~rpashley/Ryan2.jpg

Um . . . could you shrink it down a bit? Even using the scroll bar back and forth didn't work. ::) ::) ::)

Here's what I look like:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:0TiWOqOP8wQJ:www.bbc.co.uk/herefordandworcester

;D ;D ;D

lostnbronx
07-08-2005, 03:03 PM
I always appreciate how Dan travels through time and space to make his postings! Of course, having been an eyewitness to (and oftentimes a key player in) the historical events he posts on gives him what some people might consider an unfair advantage -- but I figure that saving the world time and again entitles him to certain privilages. :D

-David

WRATHWILDE
07-08-2005, 03:20 PM
I'm the Dude in the middle!! >:D :3some:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/wrathwilde/Jereds%20Photography/1heatherjenkristenjered-10a.jpg

Wrathwilde, behind his friends 110%

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/wrathwilde/Jereds%20Photography/01shannonJeredheatherisis-31b.jpg

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

toolboxdiver
07-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Well Here I am at the 17th annual Eastern Delaware Nations Pow Wow.... ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jmattioli
07-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Joe at Meadfest in Boulder Nov 2004

Jmattioli
07-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Sorry Dan but I can't let you get away with that imitation above.
Here is the real Dan McFeeley at Meadfest Nov 04
Cheers,
Joe

davarm
07-09-2005, 02:04 AM
Don't be too scared, but what you see (on the left) is what you get.

Actually, take off the Cat Diesel hat, take the piece of grass off my front tooth, and add about 10 years.

byathread
07-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Will the real Dan McFeeley please stand up? ;D

Here is me...on the phone, sitting at my 'puter, trying to figure out what to do tonight.

Dmntd
07-09-2005, 10:19 PM
This photo's better, can't speak for the content.

Dan McFeeley
07-10-2005, 08:09 AM
Ancient Joe -- You got me! LOL ;D ;D ;D

Actually, I'm a little embarrased by the picture. I look a little stoned, and this was when I was giving my presentation.

I'm a third shift hospital worker, so switching from a third shift rest cycle to a normal 24 hour cycle for the Mead Festival was difficult. As it was, I was half way between re-adjustments at that time -- no matter what I did, I still woke up at 3:00 am in that hotel room and couldn't get back to sleep. I thought I was doing OK until I saw Joe's picture.

Ken Schramm was my hotel roommate -- what a gracious accommodating guy! You couldn't for a more considerate person to share a hotel room with.

storm1969
07-10-2005, 01:34 PM
This is me fooling around on my recent vacation:

http://home.comcast.net/~storm/Brian-BGG.jpg

Brian

WRATHWILDE
07-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Ancient Joe -- You got me! LOL ;D ;D ;D

Actually, I'm a little embarrased by the picture. I look a little stoned, and this was when I was giving my presentation.

I thought I was doing OK until I saw Joe's picture.

It's the dark glasses that give him the edge... 8) always worn by cool cats like Joe.

Wrathwilde

Tsuchi
07-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Ok, It took a while but i found one of me that i can live with. Mostly I try to stay on the veiw finder end of the camera. ::)

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8908/sgpic9xx.th.jpg (http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sgpic9xx.jpg)

Val
07-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Big thanks to Wrath for resizing my pic for me!

Dan McFeeley
07-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Ok, here's another one (assuming I got the attachment function to work right) -- that's me, lower right hand corner, in this old picture of the Chiftains.

Ok, I lied again. ::) It's a picture from their 40th anniversary album and the guy kind of sorta looks like me, at first glance. I get a kick out of showing it to people. ;D

They say everyone has their doppelganger somewhere, this might be mine. :D

Miriam
07-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Ok, this is me.

Pewter_of_Deodar
07-11-2005, 01:44 PM
WW,

You know, we are a bit informal around since we are all fellow brewers... You can take the tie off once you pitch the yeast... ::) ::) ::)

Oskaar leaves his on for his best red wines though, at least until fermentation is complete...

With a grin,
Pewter

Norskersword
07-11-2005, 02:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/xavus/jeff.jpg

Mynx
07-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Yeah! Cept the beard's on my boyfriend here ;)

This is at the Pirate Picnic we had last year. I'm the one in the white top.

http://members.shaw.ca/shawnf/dv/shawn&robyn1.jpg

melw
07-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Well you guys asked for it! :o

http://home.pacbell.net/melw/Meandlathe.jpg
I am the one in the black t shirt.

Mel W.

Miriam
07-12-2005, 01:29 AM
I see what Mynx meant...we ladies just aren't fitting in the GotMead forum without beards. ;) Do you think it counts that our menfolk have beards? My husband does too... :D

I guess when things get hairy in the brewing room, the best we can do is put our chins up, have faith, and prepare to beard the beast.

Miriam ;D

webmaster
07-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I think it counts. Tho my hubby is beardless at the moment. It's tough wearing a beard when its 102 outside.....LOL

Here's me, at the 2001 VA Ren Fest (the old festival, not the current one). My hair is shorter now, and I've lost about 25 pounds, but otherwise nothing much is different. I'll be in Middle Easterns at Pennsic.

Vicky - printing out a gazillion things for Pennsic and sewing long into the night after work

HairoftheDogs
07-27-2005, 04:15 AM
This is my first post on Got Mead. First of all I want to say thanks for all the info I pulled off this site. I have never joined a forum before. This forum is the most acceptable forum I have ever seen. Thanks to all the members before me! :D This is me in the lab. Yes I have a beard!

Dan McFeeley
07-27-2005, 06:20 AM
My girlfriend and myself. I'm noticing a trend of bearded men here.

I've often wondered about this, after noticing a similar trend of bearded men among homebrewers (seems like a lot of the brewers featured in Zymurgy are bearded).

I'll take a guess and say that women who are into brewing, vinting and meading follow suit by choosing clothing styles and jewelry that suit them as individuals, and avoid general fashion styles. Ladies? Am I right here? :D

WRATHWILDE
07-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Hairofthedogs,

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. (:P to Oskaar). ;D

This is the best group of people... it has been a privilege and a pleasure to get to know them and learn from them... and even be drafted by them (Vicky ;) thanks).

I have to buck the trend, be the Black sheep etc., but I prefer my chin the same way I prefer my clams...
(group Groan) It has been said gotmead is very like Callahan's cross time saloon... pun intended. I can hear Oskaar now... "I Oyster slug you". ;D

Wrathwilde

Oskaar
07-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Oskaar ----> Hucks a shot glass into the fireplace from safely behind the line!

Now why would I want to MUSSEL in on a PEARL of a pun like that? I should probably just CLAM up and order my usual veal SCALLOPini or someone might try to CONCH me one! But really, a good pun just warms my COCKLES! ;D

A-BALONE, who am I kiddin?

Ya'll dun got me fired up, mayhap I should LIMPIT back to the ole' homestead!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Miriam
07-27-2005, 10:12 AM
No, Dan, I dress in a fairly conservative style, as befits an observant Jewish matron...let who may sense the strangeness within ;D.

Miriam

Fortuna_Wolf
07-27-2005, 10:34 AM
I am so amused.
I don't have a full beard, but just goatee and stache

webmaster
07-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Vicky pours herself a glass of mead, quaffs it, and toes the line in front of the fireplace. "Here's to all of you, both those friends I know, and those I haven't yet met (in person, anyway)! It is my honor and pleasure to share Gotmead with you all. This place has been a testament to the adage 'Shared pleasure is increased, shared pain is diminished.' "

:::::CRRRRRRAAAASSSSSHHHHHHH:::::::::::

Oh, Miriam, you couldn't have made me happier if you tried! To be compared to that creation of my all-time favorite author, Spider Robinson's Callahans Crosstime Saloon! You make me weep tears of joy! I've been a Spider Fan for lo these mumblety-mumble years, and even met Himself at Minicon '81 in Minneapolis. Not only do I own *every* book he's ever written, under any pseudonym, I've also gotten a copy of all his audiobooks (they have *2* on Audible.com!), as well as his music CD. Spider's books have formed much of the basis of how I live my life (or try to, anyway). The man is, frankly, an enlightened being, and I've felt priviledged to have shared his mind, if only for the short space of a book.

Wow. Gotmead compared to Callahans. Wow. Just wow.

Miriam: You're welcome, m'dear. Anytime you want to send me articles, I will gladly post them. Your stuff is great! (And I still think that you and I have discovered *2* kinds of Tej!)

Oskaar: ::GROAN:: Don't make me send you a 'Go, Lemmings, Go!" button! I'll have to thump you when we finally meet! You're buying at MeadFest, buddy.

HairoftheDogs, welcome to my home! I'm glad you like it, and I hope you'll both make lots of friends, and learn somewhat about mead! If you would like to see anything added to the site that I've overlooked, let me know.

Vicky - thinking about adding some new boards for PunDay Night and Tall Tales Night

byathread
07-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Hats off to you all!
You've all enlightened me in the arts of mazing and made me burst at the seems laughing.
Vicky - Thanks for giving us miscreants a home!

Cheers,
Kirk

Mynx
07-27-2005, 12:06 PM
/does a happy dance.

I have rarely met a more interesting, amusing (god oskaar, those puns were horrid!), welcoming and warm group of people.

Not to mention informative!

/hats off to you all!

/reminds herself to pick up more Spider Robinson books.

lostnbronx
07-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Vicky - Thanks for giving us miscreants a home!

Hey!

I resemble that remark! :D

Vicky,

Let me add my thanks to everyone else's: GM has become a very important place for me to hang my hat, and you've done a magnificent job putting, and keeping, it all together. The Forums, while only one of the many great parts of this place, represents the best dialogue on mead taking place anywhere (and possibly anywhen), with information, comradery, and support on tap and foaming over. A nicer group of complete strangers I've never met!

-David

(Etited fur spelin)

byathread
07-27-2005, 12:52 PM
A nicer group of complete strangers I've never met!

Ditto. Hopefully, more of us will be able to meet in person at the <a href="http://www.meadfest.com/">International Mead Fest </a>in February!

Miriam
07-27-2005, 01:45 PM
:::::CRRRRRRAAAASSSSSHHHHHHH:::::::::::

Oh, Miriam, you couldn't have made me happier if you tried! To be compared to that creation of my all-time favorite author, Spider Robinson's Callahans Crosstime Saloon! You make me weep tears of joy!

Miriam: You're welcome, m'dear. Anytime you want to send me articles, I will gladly post them. Your stuff is great! (And I still think that you and I have discovered *2* kinds of Tej!)

Er, Vicky my dear...that was Wrathwilde. I'm coming out of the closet now - and telling you all frankly that I have no idea what Callahan's Crosstime Saloon may be! I've lived out of the States for over 30 years now and my reality is sometimes very different from that of those living there.

Did you receive the second draft of the safety article? I'll re-send it if by chance I pressed "delete" instead of "send" :D.

Miriam

webmaster
07-27-2005, 02:30 PM
eep! Sorry Miriam! Sorry Wrathwilde! You can kick me when we meet at Pennsic. 's what I get for reading too fast during breaks.

Yes, Miriam, I did get it, and am HTMLing it as we speak. It should be up later today....

Vicky - one website, taxes, 14 articles of clothing to go until Pennsic (I'd better get cracking!)

Miriam
07-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Vicky, we know how much you get done, and how few those breaks are!

With admiration,

Miriam

webmaster
07-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Aw, shucks Miriam, you're too kind. I think I do it to myself, frankly! I'm re-writing Gotmead *again* (this will be the 4th or 5th time, with a new look and new navigation). LOL...making work for myself.

Vicky - when I get done with the 'work' stuff, then I'm off to sewing for the evening, doing Pennsic clothes.....

toolboxdiver
07-27-2005, 04:02 PM
I would just like to thank you also Vicky, your hard work and detication has really paid off I have also found a home here to hang my hat....I like that bronx...lol...hope you don't mind if I borrow your quote... ;D...The way all the mazers help out each other is a true family here. One day I would like to meet ya'll also

jab
07-27-2005, 08:10 PM
And I have to thank you too Vicky, for giving Oskaar something to do. Why if he didn't have GM to take up some near 2000 posts time (nearly 10 days worth of time!!! that's almost 14,500 minutes folks) who knows what he would be doing and what trouble he would be getting into.

I guess I have to include myself in that as well.

As always, thanks for all you do. Looking forward to meeting you at MF this year rather than being there and not meeting you like last year.

Brewbear
07-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Thanks Vicky!!!!
BTW, your Loki and Apple pie recipes, all my friends love them, they are great.
Is it mandatory for men to have beards in order to be allowed on this forum???? I'll start growing one now!
Pic. to follow as soon as beard has grown :-[

Ted

webmaster
07-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Aww, thanks guys!

Yeah, I'm going to be a *lot* more around this year at the IMF, since I won't be judging. At least, I think I won't be. They called me in October last year......

Vicky - looking forward to having one *hell* of a party...guess I'd better get a suite!

WRATHWILDE
07-28-2005, 12:36 AM
Oskaar ---->mayhap I should LIMPIT back to the ole' homestead!

Now don't go gettin' all shellfish on us, Oskaar. The sole porpoise of this tiding is to give you a whale of a laugh, it's a real snapper. Read it for the halibut. Holy mackerel and wahoo! It feels like I'm trying to get a chuckle out of a bullheaded barracuda. So open up you shellfish old shuckster you, you might find a pearl to pirate away... you'll sea. You've always prefered Port to stern. :P ;D ;D

Wrathwilde

webmaster
07-28-2005, 09:23 AM
::THWAP:: Just consider yourself lucky we can't throw peanuts for *real* here!

::a hail of virtual peanuts rains down on Wrathwilde from all over the forum::

byathread
07-28-2005, 10:46 AM
Let's just hope he doesn't make us reach for the virtual rotten tomatoes! ;D

WRATHWILDE
07-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Feeling a little Devilfish, are we?

Wrathwilde

Oskaar
07-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Nah, that was just a FLUKE! Vicky's BALEEN out on us serious punsters 'cause she's afraid we'll KILLER or FLIPPER out with our wit . I was feeling a little BLUE so I started BLUBBERing until I popped on an album by POD and it SOUNDED really good. She should just DIVE right in instead of WHALING about bad puns! :o

Cheers,

Oskaar

webmaster
07-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Peanuts. Tons and tons of *stinky* peanuts. And y'all both are buying at Meadfest.

::groan::

Keep it up, and I'll see if I can get *Spider* in here. He'll curl your ears. He's that good at puns. Then we'll see.

Vicky - taking 5 from figuring out shipping for the Redstone site

WRATHWILDE
07-29-2005, 12:25 AM
Vicky,
I've read EVERY "Spider" book, but was unaware that he also has pen names... could you fill me in?
Wrathwilde

Meriadoc
07-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Oh, fer cryin' out loud... ya'll should just squid it already, and get back to answering mead questions instead of flounderin' around here. That's it, just skate on back to the forums where we serious folk are askin serious questions, before I give ya'll a good shiner, now why dontcha?!?!?!

;)

Merry

WRATHWILDE
07-29-2005, 01:39 AM
Hey Oskaar,
Looks like Meridoc is trying to run a gill trip on us. Smells like a red herring to me... I think he's trying to reel us in before we can go angling for something crappie. Perhaps he's just trying to keep the kingfish at bay.

Wrathwilde

Oskaar
07-29-2005, 02:25 AM
Come on guys, theses puns aren't up to SCALE! I don't think your hearts are rEELy in it! LOL

OK, enough of the thread hijacking! Time to move on to bigger and better things before we just start punning for the HALIBUT!

Cringe,

Oskaar!

David Baldwin
07-29-2005, 09:21 AM
So what shall be the PUNishment necessary to get these thread hijackers to change their TUNA... ;D

Sorry, couldn't quite help myself any longer...

Anyway, back on track here a bit, I dug up a self portrait I took in Florida this past January to bring back to torment my co-workers with who were enjoying a typical Michigan January.

My hair is now to my collar (growing it out for Locks of Love) and I shave the beard down to a goatee for the Summer. Otherwise this is pretty much what I look like.

Yep, another bearded mazer. As an interesting side note, the friend of mine who got me started meadmaking also wears a beard.

Maybe we should seek federal funding to study this phenomenon... I see we need a bearded smiley...

David Baldwin

CosmicCharlie
07-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Let me see if I can post a picture of me...

http://lserver.aea14.k12.ia.us/swp/Art/icon.gif/Dork.gif

Oskaar
07-29-2005, 12:37 PM
No beard here, I like wasting water when I shave! LOL

cheers,

Oskaar

Brewbear
08-02-2005, 01:29 AM
Ohh...shucks...
Still waiting for my beard to grow...
That's it!!! Tomorrow morning I start washing it with miracle grow.

Ted- making an effort to grow a beard

memento
08-05-2005, 09:11 AM
I already have some photos of me from my weight loss. Here's one:

http://photos3.flickr.com/5719159_ce500adc88.jpg

you can see the rest of my pics at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/memento/

glad to be joining this group. :)

Angus
08-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Although this string hasn't been added to in a few weeks, I thought I might just put my bit in.

<<<<<< See Avatar

That is in fact me a couple of days after trying to pull my eye out with a pair of needle-nose pliers. Long story that I shall not bore you with. Needless to say, I have since been banned from touching tools sharper than a beach ball (difficult, as I am an engineer), and have been told to find a safer hobby.

So here I am, eagerly absorbing all of this incredible information you all provide in the forum and happily brewing the recipes you post.

Thank you for the great site. And please no jokes about the injury. I've heard them all. Just keep an eye out for my questions ;D.

WRATHWILDE
08-30-2005, 07:46 PM
after trying to pull my eye out with a pair of needle-nose pliers. Long story that I shall not bore you with.

I'm trying to figure out how that story could be made boring... if it were deliberate. If it were an accident then possibly. Even if it droned on for 50 pages, the suspense would still be there lurking in the shadows.

Eye'd been twitchy all night, there was going to be trouble... I could feel it... the two shots of bourbon in my belly had just caught up with the other four. That's when I saw her, looking down her long nose at me. A beauty forged by a master Craftsman. Fortified with liquid nerve I approached, I could tell at a glance she was iron willed and cold as steel. I was undaunted, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. There was no stopping me.
It had been a while since I'd been on the job, but I was fairly sure I could manage well enough. There was a struggle at first, she didn't want to cooperate. I tightened my grip. Fairly certain I had everything under control, I pulled her toward me hard... then blackness.

Wrathwilde

Angus
08-31-2005, 07:57 AM
LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

This is why this community is the best I have ever been a part of. I raise my mazer to you Wrathwilde.

Lurius
09-11-2005, 02:05 AM
Wow, I was just debating on wether or not to grow a beard today, lol. Maybe I will consider this more closely now. My father has a beard, and I do love when I dont shave for a while and my facial hair starts to turn a red color..

-Lurius

MacLupine
10-01-2005, 02:01 AM
Ah, here's a pic of me... yes, beards do seem to go with mead making.
http://www.stonegarden.us/gallery/shrewsbury-2002/res_1483984105

phoenix_dancer31
12-09-2005, 06:11 PM
If somebody explained how to put a picture on here I'd be more than happy to add another example of a bearded brewer haha I didn't even notice a trend till I read it

WRATHWILDE
12-09-2005, 09:18 PM
PD31,
You'll need to upload it to an image server then link to the web location of the raw image directly. To insert it in your text you'll need to put [ img ] in front of the web address and [ /img ] behind it. No spaces in the img brackets. Hope that helps.

Wrathwilde

abejita
12-12-2005, 07:14 PM
This would be me, drunk: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/tirachinas/25may041.jpg

JoeM
12-12-2005, 07:53 PM
abejita

Where's your beard dude?!

Oskaar
12-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Hay mas borachitas en la familia Abejita? 8)

El Oskaar!

abejita
12-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Hay mas borachitas en la familia Abejita? 8)

El Oskaar!

íNo mames!

Oskaar
12-13-2005, 03:59 AM
LOL, espero que no! :o

buzzardwhiskey
12-13-2005, 11:06 AM
This is me http://www.utahsoaring.org/images/morganSPF/Image009.jpg

Pewter_of_Deodar
12-14-2005, 12:13 PM
This would be me, drunk: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/tirachinas/25may041.jpg

Abejita,

You can never get enough compliments right? So I just wanted to say that you are a beautiful lady...

Merry Christmas,
Pewter

Miriam
12-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Hermosa, mana.

Miriam

Brewbear
12-15-2005, 01:48 AM
Abejita,
I'd like to echo Pewter's comment! By the way, you don't look drunk to me ;D I'm being told that I got drunk much worse than that on several occasions, fortunately there are no incriminating pictures....mostly because no one was able to take a decent picture :-X

Cheers,
Brewbear

Wolfie
12-18-2005, 10:30 PM
so er...how do I upload a pic?

By the by DMNTD--I cant see your pic anymore, did you get rid of it?

mouko_yamamoto
12-19-2005, 12:26 AM
From what I've read you can't upload a pic anymore, you can only link to an existing pic on the net.

Dmntd
12-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Hey Wolfie,

That pic was on the GotMead server. When server space became a problem, I went through my post removing all pictures I had uploaded to got mead. I'll load a pic to my server and post a link.

Happy mazing,

Anthony

Wolfie
12-19-2005, 03:36 AM
mmm....I dont have any pictures on the internet (at least I dont know about them)
this I will have to work out....

WRATHWILDE
12-19-2005, 07:28 AM
You can register and upload to a free pic server like this one... http://photobucket.com/ and then link to the image.

wrathwilde

Wolfie
12-19-2005, 06:59 PM
aha!!

okay, so I look like some woodland creature cross between a brewing elf and a fraggle...
Sorry, small pics, it's all kinda small and fuzzy.

http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/v/XLGKW31NDF69
I'm the small fuzzy thing behind the rock.

http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/v/A417JB8V283H

Thanks Wrathwilde

Hey--so what doeas Oskaar look like?

abejita
12-19-2005, 08:18 PM

Gollum.

WRATHWILDE
12-19-2005, 08:24 PM

Gollum.

Only on his good days ;D ;D ;D

Wrathwilde

byathread
12-19-2005, 08:31 PM
okay, so I look like some woodland creature cross between a brewing elf and a fraggle...

Aha! I do believe I see the trademark beard or goatee!

You'll have to come to the MeadFest to find out!

Alden
01-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Here's a pic of me: http://bard.ansteorra.org/alden_drake/alden-herald.jpg

Sorry folks...no beard of any sort. I got bad beard genetics.

Sander
01-18-2006, 07:01 AM
This is me
http://home.hetnet.nl/~s.zwegers/sandr_gijs.jpg

mouko_yamamoto
01-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Cool beard! ;D

Dan McFeeley
01-18-2006, 01:42 PM

Gollum.

Yep, here he is, with trademark beard! ;D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/mcfeeley/gollum.jpg

mouko_yamamoto
01-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Again, cool beard! :D Dan, that cracks me up.

SteveT
01-19-2006, 09:54 AM
This is me
http://home.hetnet.nl/~s.zwegers/sandr_gijs.jpg

Taking your master for a walk I see! :)

Steve

--SEmper
03-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Now, I am following the trend, so you can guess who I am

http://users.pandora.be/semper/impreza1.jpg

I used to have just a subtle goatee in the form of an anchor, but my girl digs the beard, so letting it grow...

phoenix_dancer31
03-08-2006, 06:26 PM
And now for a young Canadian bearded brewer from Ottawa.
This picture was taken on new years and I am hammered off my first batch of mead. Gotta love those crazy holiday nights.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=46924664&imageID=503254446&Mytoken=7ADC92C8-61B2-9838-4C47B7091146F03A89702775]Click (http://"[url) Here[/url]
(ed. note: Long URL's whack the site width, changed to fix)
Beside me is my friend Sarah who arrived after the gallon of Ancient Orange had already been guzzled down.

WRATHWILDE
03-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Bump, pushing my post count closer to 1K... and Phoenix_Dancer31 - I think I spy a poster of Bob Marley in the background of your pic, so I'm less inclined to buy that Joe's AO is responsible for your condition. ::) 8) ;D

Wrathwilde

phoenix_dancer31
03-29-2006, 11:49 PM
I have no idea how you spotted that .. i can't even see it .. but yes there is one, in SARAH's room haha. I'm not a smoker or i'd grow my own, i drink so i brew my own. But i am STILL amazed you picked that poster out .. damn

webmaster
03-30-2006, 05:11 PM
OK, one of me......with the DH at Scarborough Faire in Texas....
http://www.gotmead.com/images/stories/scarby02vickyandjohn.jpg

Holly
04-07-2006, 01:48 PM
http://myspace-629.vo.llnwd.net/00358/92/65/358705629_m.jpg
From my cruise in 2004

WRATHWILDE
04-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Ah, but do you have a beard? ;) ;D :P Sorry inside joke.

Wrathwilde (with another joke that hits... where? Anybody?!?) >:D

Brewbear
04-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Wrath,
That's below the belt dude!

Cheers,
Brewbear

WRATHWILDE
04-08-2006, 07:34 AM
That's below the belt dude!

And to think of all the years I missed going to the Circus to see the bearded lady... If I'd only known. ;D

Wrathwilde

Holly
04-08-2006, 04:00 PM
I airbrushed it off :o ROFL

http://myspace-372.vo.llnwd.net/00182/27/33/182463372_m.jpg

Besides he (my beau) has beard enough for both of us!

But let me make it clear - I wear the brew-meistress apron in this couple!

LOL

Maelduin
06-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Some of you good lushes--umm, "folks"-- need to upload your photos again for us n00bs. Regardless, I'm on the left.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/MGDavisOrlando/scaryeyesneil.jpg

If you're female and can name the guy in the middle, I want to run away with you and bear your super-intelligent (and undoubtably highly refined in fictional tastes) children.

Michael

WRATHWILDE
06-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Forget Neil... Who's the Broad? :o >:D;)

Wrathwilde

Maelduin
06-14-2006, 04:28 PM
a mutual friend. If she hadn't been married at the time. She's now single, but of course I'm not anymore.

WRATHWILDE
06-14-2006, 04:39 PM
If you're female and can name the guy in the middle, I want to run away with you and bear your super-intelligent (and undoubtably highly refined in fictional tastes) children.

She's now single, but of course I'm not anymore.

Hmmm, does that mean your wife can't name the guy in the middle? ::) >:D ;D

Wrathwilde

Oskaar
06-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Forget Neil... Who's the Broad? :o >:D ;)

Wrathwilde

Wrath,

She's my future former ex >:D

Oskaar

Strix_Varia
09-12-2006, 08:23 PM
I don't have a Pirate costume yet but here I am:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d21/Strix_Varia/Billiards.jpg

Pewter_of_Deodar
09-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Here's me at Pennsic 35, enjoying a taste of something... ::)

Actually, I am badly sunburned and sorta have my pirate's outfit...

GrantLee63
09-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Here I am:

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8747/alfred2lm9.jpg

The chicks REALLY dig me since
getting rid of my facial hair !

:toothy9: :toothy9: :toothy9:

SteveT
09-13-2006, 05:01 PM
LOL - what me worry?

GrantLee63
12-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey Wrath ... what mead were you and your friends drinking when this group image was shot? I want to make a few hundred gallons .....

WRATHWILDE
06-19-2008, 06:09 AM
This was one of my Favorite threads, and embodies everything great about our community of Brewers - even if some of their pictures are now missing. I know Oskaar's going to hate me for "dredging" up this flounder. I'd ask newbee's to introduce themselves here if so inclined, and since so many of our Patron linked photos are no longer active... I'd ask all members who have previously participated in this thread - please ReSubmit new Photo LINKS in your old posts.

I hope all you newbees enjoy this thread as much as I do, for the rest of you a stroll down memory lane... including the Story behind Angus' black eyed avatar.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

deenis
06-19-2008, 07:16 AM
I'd post my picture but the cops might find me, so I better remain annonymous.
Hey Vickie, how about a repost of YOUR pic?

Dan McFeeley
06-19-2008, 09:04 AM
I'd post my picture but the cops might find me, so I better remain annonymous.
Hey Vickie, how about a repost of YOUR pic?

Here's a couple of old ones --

Vickie, judging at the International Mead Festival

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/mcfeeley/vickyjudge.jpg

Vickie the Mead Wench

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/mcfeeley/vicky.jpg

;D

lastbornjoker
06-19-2008, 09:42 AM
i dont have one handy of myself but here is one of my spawn lol http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm191/lastbornjoker/burntride025.jpg

Teufelhund
06-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Well, I have several pics of me online but it's best to just imagine my avatar with tattoos and a high-n-tight instead. :laughing7:

:cheers:

DD

lastbornjoker
06-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Well, I have several pics of me online but it's best to just imagine my avatar with tattoos and a high-n-tight instead. :laughing7:

:cheers:

DD

i used to have a high and tight when i was in the army. Now i have a high and nothing :'(

laurie_gator
06-30-2008, 02:52 AM
Ah, what the heck... Here is one with my son when he graduated from Great Lakes:

http://flickr.com/photos/10525574@N02/2624135158/

And one in this year's Ren Fest Garb:

http://flickr.com/photos/10525574@N02/2624143514/

Pewter_of_Deodar
07-24-2008, 07:26 PM
And one in this year's Ren Fest Garb:

I'm in love...

...with the outfit of course!

With a grin,
Pewter

beeboy
11-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Here's a picture of me at Alafia last year camping in Florida. Pre 1840's mountan man, fir trapper type rendevzous with over 2,000 people showing up for a week of fun.

EverGreenman
11-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Might as well since I'm trying to join this little community of meadmakers...

If this works, this is me getting chased down by Fox Glacier (pronounced glAseeair) in southern New Zealand, and after I escaped it's icy grasp.

Angus
11-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Another beard! I think I will have to grow some facial hair or risk standing out.

Do I sense another Jethro Tull fan?

Angus

WRATHWILDE
11-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Do I sense another Jethro Tull fan?

That would be me, just took a while to radiate out from Dubuque to Milwaukee. After all... how many people have the 43 minute "Thick as a Brick" single on CD and listen to it regularly. Firing it up now as a matter of fact.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

Angus
11-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Good choice Wrath. Awesome double album. I have to confess, I have every single recording of both Tull and Ian Anderson. Currently cannot stop listening to "The Secret Language of Birds". Wonderful tunes to brew to.

Angus

osluder
11-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Here I am (http://www.scobey.net/index.php/Image:IMG_2596.JPG) preaching to the choir. I have a soul patch and hate to shave. Does that count toward the beard thing? ;D

EverGreenman
11-25-2008, 07:06 PM
how many people have the 43 minute "Thick as a Brick" single on CD and listen to it regularly.

::raises hand::

Have either of you the Isle of White DVD? Simply classic.

1BraddogsBBQ
11-26-2008, 02:26 PM
This is a pic of me and Misty on our Wedding Day (7-26-08). We got married just the 2 of us @ Tybee Island on the beach at sunset!

Dave
(Sir Bradfields Meadery)

http://i33.tinypic.com/2u4sr55.jpg

Darter
09-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Me and the Mrs. with Tippi at Cunningham Falls State Park, Md.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/ehaas2nd/DSC00569.jpg

wildoates
09-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Well, darn. Again. I've spent the last several months trying to hit all the threads on this huge site, and every time I think I at least glanced at them all, someone comes along and dredges up a thread I completely missed.

Thanks to Darter for stirring up the bottom of the carboy!

socpsy
09-05-2009, 09:18 PM
My wife, Simone, and I are in the first two pics in THIS gallery (http://www.socpsy.com/elliott/main.php?g2_itemId=985). Our SCA shire was hosting the kingdom's Crown Tournament in July.

TimV
09-11-2009, 06:14 PM
In the carnivorous plant section of the greenhouse

http://www.pbase.com/beekeeper/image/116518469/original.jpg

Patchez
10-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Since I wasn't on here for the first go 'round. I'll post a few of me this time.

This is me with my new kilt and old paintball marker. The beard is not normally that color.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/500/Project461.PNG

Here are two of me in Kentucky, a little detour on the way home from visiting our son at Little Rock AFB in Arkansas.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/500/Project40.png

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/500/Project20.png

Angelic Alchemist
10-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Oh, bother. Fine, I'm sure someone must have gotten curious by now.

AToE
10-22-2009, 05:22 PM
That's funny, you look something like how I expect my girlfriend will look when she's a bit older, tattoos and all.:)

Angelic Alchemist
10-22-2009, 05:31 PM
She really needs to learn how to make a proper chai. :eek:

AToE
10-22-2009, 05:59 PM
She really needs to learn how to make a proper chai. :eek:

Well, she is working on her punjabi cooking (as am I), but since she can't drink chai I don't think it's too high on her priority list! Once I get a decent recipe and the spices I'll try making it with plain soy milk... might be okay, might not. We'll find out.

Angelic Alchemist
10-22-2009, 06:02 PM
I'd imagine almond or coconut milk would be good, too. I've had vegan chai before that was pretty good. In fact, a vegan chai took 2nd place at the 2009 Flipside Chai Throwdown. I think he used almond milk.

AToE
10-22-2009, 06:05 PM
oooo, good idea, almond milk is her favourite.

I'm just glad she's decided that although she's ditching all bug products (mostly cosmetics) she's sticking with eating honey. She decided that the environmental good raising bees does far outweighs any minor wrongs being done against a creature with a brain the size of a pin head.

Angelic Alchemist
10-22-2009, 06:07 PM
You got pics of you and the little lady?

AToE
10-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Maybe I'll get some up at some point here, don't think I have any good ones in digital.

slowbie
12-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Well, here is a picture of me in Chicago. That beard trend just keeps growing! ;D

The link is here! (http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4364/91195449950784451140292.jpg)

wildoates
12-11-2009, 03:25 PM
NICE beard, Slowbie.

Beards (on men) are soooo hot, and yours is the best.
;D

slowbie
12-11-2009, 07:20 PM

I spend hours trimming my totally real beard that is definitely on my face but when I get compliments like that it all becomes worth it.

keepitlow
02-09-2010, 09:17 AM
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/keepitlow456/gunsandgirls.jpg

Ok, that's not me, but she probably would like mead....

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/keepitlow456/balboard.jpg

Balance is a skill...and like any other skill, you have to practice to preserve it.

Asator
02-10-2010, 02:45 AM
Eh, what the heck.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/ajax/IMG_3258.jpg
Me, pretending I'm a kid watching Saturday morning cartoons.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/ajax/IMG_3310.jpg
Me in the back yard the day after a snowstorm.

wildoates
02-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Oh, is THAT what that white stuff is?

/

Asator
02-10-2010, 02:47 PM
At first I thought it was soap powder but I was WAY off.

wayneb
02-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Dandruff! ;)

Asator
02-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Maybe I should switch shampoos. :(

wildoates
02-10-2010, 10:04 PM
You need a beard like Slowbie's...hardly any maintenance needed a'tall. :)

Dan McFeeley
02-11-2010, 03:28 AM
Myself at a place known as "The Churn," a secret place among the rocks at Tremone bay, Inishowen, county Donegal Ireland, where my ancestors used to distill "poitin" (Irish word for "mountain dew").

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs144.snc1/5334_1116197982238_1145617431_30293639_6989434_n.j pg

andrewschwab
02-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Here we go,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/AndrewSchwab/gracey002.jpg

ok not really me, one of the children and one of the dogs

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/AndrewSchwab/Drew_16.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/AndrewSchwab/Drew_4.jpg

capoeirista13
02-12-2010, 05:11 AM
That dog is amazing, is it a great pyrenee(sorry for spelling)?

andrewschwab
02-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Yep, Great Pyrenees ( you spelled it correctly)

It has been about 5 years since we have had one. Kids and all that stuff.

She is a rescue we got from a breeder I used to work with before. The sweetest dog we have ever had. I can't believe someone would have dumped her.
Stay tuned there is a another pyrenees on the way. :p

Nubster
09-23-2010, 06:45 PM
No new faces in nearly 2 years? I guess I'll add my bearded face to freshen things up a bit, that is me, my 4 yoa son, and newborn (July 10, 2010) daughter....

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k289/cashton12/34650_1425080558960_1591140052_9908.jpg

Jord
09-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Alright, alright...since the masses have been clamoring for them here are a couple pics of me......

Taken 2 minutes ago (just starting to grow the winter blanket):

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/veritas666/sept2010008.jpg

Last November (the beard was in full effect!):

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/veritas666/Emoticons001-2.jpg

The heir's to the empire:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/veritas666/698.jpg

Me and my better half:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/veritas666/760.jpg

Chevette Girl
09-23-2010, 09:55 PM
After all... how many people have the 43 minute "Thick as a Brick" single on CD and listen to it regularly.

The downside of listening to that on vinyl is having to flip the record, but the upside is the nifty newspaper... OK, yeah, I'm another Tull fan, I've seen them in concert twice and I have many of their albums in multiple formats...

Thanks for stirring up this thread again, just when I thought I'd read everything... :)

So. Here's (http://www.chevettes.com/imagebrowse.php?section=po&chevnum=2174) a shot of me when I was young and skinny and still on my first Chevette (um, literally)...

...and here's (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=132371&l=c674b7f272&id=100000433302346) one from the wedding last November (yes, my hubby managed our first dance, a Viennese waltz, to Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" with 58 lbs of plate armour on without damaging my dress, and no, I generally look nowhere near as girly as this)...

...here's (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=153473&l=c06316884a&id=100000433302346) me and my first love, Fantacie... my husband made me the armour :)

...and here's (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=391851&l=9a5dd90870&id=100000433302346) how I accumulate most of my bruises... I'm the short one in purple armour (which I made), my hubby is the big hairy one I'm facing...

Nubster
09-23-2010, 11:46 PM
I wanted to edit but didn't see a way to...the pic of me above was in July and this is one of me last month...I have since shaved for school but I decided I missed it too much so I am in the process of growing it back. This is two months growth...

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k289/cashton12/Bearded.jpg