• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Softcopy of your Mead brewlog?

Barrel Char Wood Products

byathread

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 8, 2005
Boulder County, CO
Those of you who keep a softcopy of your brewlogs, what application do you use?
I have been using this as of late. Nothing fancy but it does the job. Kinda a revamped version of the ancient Windows cardfile.

Download at http://www.azzcardfile.com/download.html

For the pirateers out there, I hear places like http://www.serialz.to have serial numbers for all kinds of apps ::)

Though, honestly, I'm not sure how the registered version is any different (perhaps no annoying popup every 10 saves or something).

Cheers

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I just keep Excel files, simple and straight forward.

If you're looking for "Evaluation" software I find mine at:

http://www.easynews.com

They have HTTP servers and NNTP for us old dogs who prefer the Usenet a little more old school.

Cheers,

Oskaar

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
Ahhh, Usenet. Such a useful place before the advent of 1,000,000 idiots joining the fray at the same time AOL. It's sad really.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
You mean you don't like AAAAAYYYY OHHHHHHHH HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :(

LOL

Oskaar

Meriadoc

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Jul 6, 2005
Fortuna_Wolf said:
Eternal September is over, btw.
Jan 25, 2005 AOL stopped carrying newsgroups

LOL... "Eternal September"...!

you're showing your age! (I'm not too much of a Usenet vet, but I still remember all the noob onslaughts each September in the mid-80's...).

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
I created a word document, which I printed out and keep in a binder. Saves me running back n forth to the computer when I'm making something

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
LMAO! My brewery is my kitchen, and the computer is in the living room.

When I get my own room to brew (pipe dream right now) then I might also be able to afford a laptop in there ;)

Until then, it's a nice binder, with the good recipes being the ones that are the messiest :D

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns