PDA

View Full Version : Brewblog

webmaster
08-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey all,

You interested in a brewblog? By that I mean a blog-style section in the main site where you can post your onging brewing efforts, sort of an online brewing log. We've been tossing around the idea offline, and I'm interested in your input.

Vicky

Greenblood
08-04-2005, 09:38 AM
I have been considering putting a brewblog togther on Blogger for a while now. I may put it up here if it is available.

Greenblood

lostnbronx
08-04-2005, 10:27 AM
That would work for me. If I ever get off my duff (beer), I can continue the Dandelion Mead saga there. Or, if given a chance, almost anything. I've done perzines in the past, and I would probably use a tool like this here.

-David the Long Winded

Mynx
08-04-2005, 11:49 AM
I'd use it, and it would certainly keep the people on my LiveJournal less bored with my meadmaking escapades ;)

Not to mention being a good back up in case my brewlog gets lost/ruined, or my computer randomly reformats.

Pewter_of_Deodar
08-04-2005, 12:57 PM
I've been trying to use the brewlog section here for that same purpose. By blog section, do we mean one where only I could make entries for my threads? Sorry, I am not an Internet saavy type of guy... ::) ::) ::)

byathread
08-04-2005, 01:05 PM
I'd use it, and it would certainly keep the people on my LiveJournal less bored with my meadmaking escapades ;)

Ditto.

Not to mention being a good back up in case my brewlog gets lost/ruined, or my computer randomly reformats.

And ditto. I'm all for it!

Dmntd
08-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Hey Vicky, in a word... Yes, please!

Anthony

davarm
08-04-2005, 05:48 PM
A blog would be very cool!

webmaster
08-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Yes, it would be yours alone, so no commenting to take it off topic.

Looks like the general consensus so far is positive. I'll work on it then. It will be a few weeks, probably around the beginning of September, I've got a couple projects to polish off, and need to get the paying work done first.

I'm excited about it too, I'm tired of writing it down, I'd rather put it in an online log from my laptop as I mead.......

Vicky

marygress
08-21-2005, 09:01 AM
I have been using the blogger site for some time now to put my wine and mead travels and recipes on. I find it very handy for recipes. On the blogger site you can write as much as you wish or just a little update. Pictures are aalso very easy to add.

Geoo
11-02-2005, 09:31 AM
I'm curious if this ever happened and how to find it, if so.

Geoo

webmaster
11-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Its coming. It's part of the work I'm doing now in the re-write of GM.

Brewbear
11-03-2005, 02:01 AM
I like the idea, specially that it would be a sort of back-up, my pooch got in the house and started chomping on my log book. What do you do with a 140 lb dog that does that? Not much really, she thinks she's the queen and we are her subjects!
Looking forward to the new and inproved site ;D

Ted