• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

New Tech in CO2 purge / Bottle Filler

Barrel Char Wood Products

Greenblood

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2004
Plese do fill us in Wrath. I stand by my CP filler, and never use anything else. I do not realy understand how this beer gun is superior if it can not bottle under pressure, but if it works, and bottle bubbles are maintained, then it would be worth trying. Look forward to reading about it soon.

Greenblood

Johnnybladers

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 13, 2006
Patience is a virtue, but............whatup wit da beer gun. Oskaar recently mentioned it in a thread pertaining to filling bottles with carbonated mead, leading me to this thread.
Thanks, Jon

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
The beer gun has never been used, I bought an Enolmatic filling machine and have been using that to fill bottles... I like it so much I'll probably never use the gun.

Wrathwilde

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Stick with the CP filler. We've used the beer gun on two occasions to fill from a 5 gallon keg of Alaskan Smoked Porter and Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. IMO neither foray with the Beer Gun convinced me that it would be as good or better than the CP filler.

Cute idea, didn't carry through in the practical. One of the pro-brewers (head brewer at BJ's in West Covina) that is a regular on brew days with our local group used the Beer Gun as well and was less than impressed. He too will be sticking with the CP filler for his needs.

Cheers,

Oskaar

GrantLee63

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 19, 2006
Clarkston, MI
Although I have yet to use it, I also have a Blichmann Beer Gun. Now that I am in the process of setting up a kegerator, my main intention for its use is to fill only a few bottles of beer from each batch I make so that I can continue to hand out samples to friends and family. And of course I'll need to fill bottles if I ever decide to enter any of my beer in a competition.

I've done a lot of research on CP fillers and the Beer Gun before deciding on the Beer Gun, and again, although I have yet to use mine, the problems some of you may have had with yours might be addressed in the following thread from NB:

http://tinyurl.com/2oaflx

And here are a WHOLE LOT of threads from the same forum on the Beer Gun:

http://tinyurl.com/3dqmtb

I also have an Enolmatic and it is GREAT! However, I could never use it to transfer a carbonated mead or beer to a bottle as the vacuum it creates would de-gas it in a heart-beat. A Beer Gun or CP Filler is the tool one must use if you plan on bottling any beer or mead that is already carbonated and you want to keep it carbonated.

With that being said, I'll post my own experience with my Beer Gun as soon as I actually use it!

- GL63

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns